Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 7:38:57 AM EDT
I just got an EOTECH 552 for my M4gery & love it but my current GG&G BUIS forces me to mount the EOTECH further forward than I want.

Which BUISs have a smaller footprint, so that I can mount my optic further back?

Many thanks for this, and all the help I've gotten on this great site in the past year.  A happy and healthy New Year to all!

Will
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
yankee hill has a fixed unit:

http://www.rbprecision.com/id42.htm

also check out the Knights Armament 300m sight:

http://webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=FLP3S&Category_Code=KA
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The Bushmaster BUIS has a small footprint.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Bushmaster BUIS has a small footprint.  
View Quote

Yes, but due to having two cross pieces in its mount you have to mount it farther forward than the #40, leaving less room.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The Knights 600m sight is the same overall size as the 300m sight, and is very accurrate through it's adjustable range.

I have several on my flattops in conjunction with ACOG TA-01, Comp M, and Trijicon Reflex (in the past) optics.  It works great with all, but requires me to shorten the telestock a notch on the TA-01 to get proper eye relief.
Mario
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 300m Kinght's.
It stays out of the way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If I'm not mistaken, this exact question was recently posted in the Sights/Optics forum.  You may want to poke your head in there and see.  IIRC, the ARMS #40 is one of the smaller footprint BUIS out there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top