Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2003 8:27:52 PM EDT
Found this pic on www.army.mil/. Looks like a mount for the AN/PEQ-2 that secures to the M4 handguards. Anyone have info on how this mount attaches to the handguard? Pictures perhaps?

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
... That can't be accurate
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats an Insight Technologies AN/PAQ4 B or C model in the pictures. Insight Technologies, Knights Armament and ARMS all make mounts for both the AN/PAQ4 B+C models and newer AN/PEQ2. The string is just a last ditch "safety". Aparently more then a few have been lost trusting just the mount.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You can find out the mounting information here at [url=]http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-22.9/c02.htm[/url].  According to the FM 3-22.9, both the AN/PEQ-2 and the AN/PAQ-4B/C can be mounted to the regular handguards with a special mount.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can find out the mounting information here at [url=]http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-22.9/c02.htm[/url].  According to the FM 3-22.9, both the AN/PEQ-2 and the AN/PAQ-4B/C can be mounted to the regular handguards with a special mount.
View Quote

... Still, how can you possible expect at least 2 MOA with a foreguard that wil rattle all over the place?

... Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
It appears that this solider is using our (KAC) fully ajustable 200-600 meter flip up rear sight and using some tape to keep the dust out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The mount actually clamps on the barrel and goes through the handguards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the handguards must be modified to allow the mount to exit the left side of the weapon.

Some exact info or pics would be nice.....this set up has me curious!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The stock PAQ-4 mount only allows 12 and 6 (no one ever does 6) on a rifle or carbine, two post go through the cooling holes on the hand guard. There is a special mount for the M203 that allows 9 or 3, again 2 posts go through the cooling holes on the side of the handguards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, I saw the pic in FM 3-22.9 with the type of mount you mention. If you look closer at my second pic you'll see that this mount actually extends down around the handguards and dosen't extend out through the cooling holes of the handguard. This mount looks to be more of a platform that the PEQ mounts to.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a plastic piece you can add between the mount and the laser that allows the flip down instant on paddle to be thumb activated, if I remember right, once you add the plastic piece, it cannot be constant on and only as long as you hold the paddle down.  If you look at the FM 3-22.9 Figure 2-28, it is marked 2.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, I saw the pic in FM 3-22.9 with the type of mount you mention. If you look closer at my second pic you'll see that this mount actually extends down around the handguards and dosen't extend out through the cooling holes of the handguard. This mount looks to be more of a platform that the PEQ mounts to.
View Quote

STLRN is correct about the mount passing through the cooloing holes and clamping around the barrel.

The part you're referring to in the second pic is a little plastic shroud that attches to the aforementioned mount and keeps the paddle switch on the laser from being activated when you lay the weapon down, etc.

[img]www.nightline-inc.com/nightline/Assets/catalog/AN-PaQ-4_big01_sh.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#12]
STLRN,havoc...thanks!

This whole set up had me curious. I just recently put together a mount for the G2 Nitrolon I want to purchase. This mount attaches through the cooling holes in my upper handguard and follows the handguard contour down the left side of the weapon where I have a section of rail. When I saw this PEQ set up I thought I could get some ideas from it's installation method.

Thanks again!

Link to the pic of my mount:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=175920[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top