Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2003 6:24:08 PM EDT
What is that little sticker, decale what ever on the front of the mag well. I have seen them on several AR's over the years but never up close. What the heck is this?

Pic barrowed from Yojimbob
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a proof stamp on Armalites and Eagle Arms receivers that means the rifle left the factory as a complete gun not just a lower.

I have one on my pre-ban Eagle
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
YEP!! Thats what it is!Good OLe ARMALITE!
Also Gov't M16A2s and A4s M4s have a similar stamp, at least on the FNs Ive seen, Cant remember if Colt does it to. But Only on GOV'T rifles
cp
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think its a government proof mark seeing as how I have a walnut M14 stock stamped with the same mark.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice thought, but incorrect.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice thought, but incorrect.
View Quote

What is it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
From
[url]http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq_list.htm[/url]

WHAT IS THE STAMPED EAGLE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR RIFLES?

It is a factory inspection stamp similar to, and sometimes confused with, the government acceptance stamp. It doesn't include the additional characters of the government stamp.

It was initially used to mark Eagle Arms rifles that were built in the factory, to differentiate them from rifles built from Eagle Arms receivers. In addition, the company president didn't think that our rifles looked right without the stamp.

Because ArmaLite rifles are only available from the factory, the stamp denotes factory inspection, and to mimic government rifles in detail. The only ArmaLite's that intentionally omit the mark are those delivered to the government. This is intended to prevent confusion as to the source of a mark on the government rifles.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The one on my M15A2 wore off after a few good cleanings
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is a proof stamp on Armalites and Eagle Arms receivers that means the rifle left the factory as a complete gun not just a lower.

I have one on my pre-ban Eagle
View Quote

Yep.  My post-ban Eagle has it as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top