Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2003 2:45:43 PM EDT
I was just pondering what new question I could ask you guys then it hit me. Do any of you think a chromed bolt carrier isn't a good choice if you are in a "tactical" situation? It's all shiny and bling blingy. Another question, have any of you heard that our U.S. high-speed guys (SF, Delta, Rangers, SEALS, Force Recon, etc.) are now using the McFarland gas rings? I heard this somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
we`ve got some of the chrome bolt carriers, as long as you keep your ejc. port cover closed noone will know. once you start shooting it shouldnt matter. some of the guys didnt even realize that their bolts looked different than everybody elses.(i laughed on the inside-they outrank me)

havent heard anything about the new gas rings, but im on the wrong end of the army totem pole for that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The McFarland rings strike me as an answer to a problem that does not exist.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top