Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 2:06:44 PM EDT
Dear friends,

Need comments about CA-legal AR lower receivers from DPMS and FAB10.

For DPMS lower, it is single-shot. I do not know how to reload the cartridge. Does it need to field-strip upper and lower to load? Or it could be done by inserting a cartridge from ejection port?

For FAB10 lower, I am sure that it needs to field-strip to access/reload the internal 10-round mag.

Thanks for any input for these two types of lower receivers!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
FAB10 is the only real choice we have in the PRK if you want an AR-type rifle. The FAB10 is fine for the range. I usually load via stripper clips to the 10 round maximum. The upper rotates forward on the front pin providing access to the internal mag. It's a little awkward, but with practice you can shorten the reload time. I wouldn't bother with a single shot lower myself.

For a SHTF situation, I'd be more comfortable with a detachable mag. That's why I'm considering an M1A1, though I love the AR platform. Another alternative is the Mini-14 which is cheap and has a detachable mag, but it's no AR.

CA Eunuch

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your input, CA Eunuch. (By the way, nice nickname! It refelects the thoughts of CA firearm lovers.)

Looks like choosing FAB10 is a better route. I think I will go to get a FAB10 lower. Maybe I should move to NV. :)

The M14/M1A is great. I have one. It could be the last cool rifle in CA. :(
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top