Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 11:28:21 AM EDT
Guys I bought this rifle New back in early 87. I always thought it has a fully chromed chamber and bore. Well I know the chamber is but can't tell about the bore.I have read or heard Colt put some rifles out with just a chromed chamber.I know yall going to say just look at the bore.But to tell you the truth I can't see in the small .22 size hole .I ordered a fiber optic cable that I can hook to my mag light but it isn't here yet.My Scott Duff tells me everything about this model except if it has a fully chromed barrel or not.Anyone know??? Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
YES, both bore & chamber.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one from the good old days when you didn't have to wonder if they were chrome lined (they are).
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I thought it was.But when you start to read more post about some are and some ain't, it got me to looking.I could see right out the chamber was but the bore was harder to tell for me.I do know what Chrome lineing is but I tell ya I couldn't get the shine to shine back at me....Yeah I got it when I got DIVORCEd from my wife while I was in the ARMY. I just got to FT. Lewis and issued a New Colt M16A2 in 4/23 Infatry. After shooting those rifles I had to have my own.Paid $600 out the door NIB.It's heavy.They didn't cut the barrel under the Handguards....LOL.... But she's my Baby......Thanks again WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow WarDawg! I just purchased an R6600 today online!
Maybe you can answer me a question that I forgot to ask about it.
It's rollmarked AR15A2 and I just figured it would have the raised fence but I was told that
it may be slab side. Is it?
Not that it would bother me, but just want to know.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's rollmarked AR15A2 and I just figured it would have the raised fence but I was told that

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

Yes and No. Ha ha ..... It can be either.During the time of the R6600 it could have either on it.They was useing up the slab sides and then went to the raised fence type .Mines a Slab side also.I thinks its cool. And Congrads on your purchase.WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

Yes and No. Ha ha ..... It can be either.During the time of the R6600 it could have either on it.They was useing up the slab sides and then went to the raised fence type .Mines a Slab side also.I thinks its cool. And Congrads on your purchase.WarDawg
View Quote

Thanks for the info WarDawg!
Either way, I'll still be happy with it!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on a Classic Colt!  [coffee]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Since the early 90s I haved worked for several pre-ban assault rifle FFL/dealers who specialized in Colt AR15s. Of the many I have seen, worked on, and owned, I would say 99% of model R6600s have slab side lower receivers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]
ChrisM to ChrisM , Thanks,for your reply... WarDawg(Chris M )
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top