Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2003 11:35:43 PM EDT
I have been saving up for a while to finish my build on a couple lowers I've accumulated. Well today I stoped by the local Gun Shop to visit with the owner and see if he had anything new in. After talking for about 30 minutes, I started to walk around and saw this 16" A3 bushmaster XM-15 E2S. After staring at it for a few minutes I picked it up and one thing lead to another, the next thing I know I have a new black rifle.
It has had a previous owner who NEVER fired the rifle, or if they did they sure didn't scratch anything and they cleaned it up really well. Anyhow it's got trilium nightsights, An Ace Stock, Jard Trigger, a theremamold mag and some sort of ergo grip. I gave 1050.00 I hope I didn't get ripped off!
The only thing I feel this rifle needs is some sort of muzzle break or FS. Is there any that will fit this thin little barrel?? Also Is there anyone who would be qualified enough to install the FS and trim it the barrel down to 16" total?

Thanks Guys

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Best of my reckoning your price was ok. Not the best, not ripped and stuffed hard, but ok.

Off the top of my head (and I am sure this will get corrected)

rifle  600
stock  200
tritum 100
trigger100
mag     20
grip    20

plus tax, u did ok.

I am guessing here, but if this is a post ban, no F/H or F/S. Muzzle brake only until September.

If you can wait, I would vote leave it till then. If not try KKF in the Industry board, he can do anything you want done and do a fine job at it.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Kurts custom firearms in the Industy board. I have heard he dose an excelent job.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster will install any brake you purchase from them for free.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#5]
FS would be a big no-no  - very illegal.

You could go with the unneeded muzzle brake - but there is another option if you just want 'the look'.

Kurt's Kustom has a faux FS that fits over the barrel.  It looks like a FS, adds virtually NOTHING to the length, it protects the crown, and best of all you get to keep all 16" of barrel for better velocity.

Kurt does great work - he's worked on two of my rifles and I've been happy both times.

What your are looking for is the FFS/T it's $75 installed.

[url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/catalog/item/29585/1371.htm[/url]

This is the A2 version installed (there is also a longer 'A3' version as well):
[img]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/i/section_10270/2FFSs.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top