Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 6:25:35 PM EDT
I am seriously contemplating an actual Colt M4 now.  I want it to look as acurately as possible, so I think the stock brake has definitely got to go and the 16" barrel has probably got to go too.  I am thinking that the thing to do would be to send the barrel (complete upper) to KKF for a barrel chop and recontour to more correct profile and permanantly attach a TacBrake.  The question is do I chop to 15" and top with an A2 Brake or chop to 14.5" and top with an A3 Brake?  

Also, if I want to swap the pinned collapsible stock for an A1 or A2 length fixed stock like the standard milspec type or the Vltor or Ace, can I use the buffer tube that comes on the rifle or do I have to swap to a longer one and how big a deal is this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Remove the brake, but have Steve at ADCO press on one of his 'brakes' just for looks, and then send it to KKF for the Govt. Profile. There is a photo of this on pg. 3 of the photo thread, or an RRA M4gery.

About the stock, I don't think you will need a longer buffer tube, but I do think you should leave the stock one on. Just for that true M4 look.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Remove the brake, but have Steve at ADCO press on one of his 'brakes' just for looks, and then send it to KKF for the [red]Govt. Profile.[/red] There is a photo of this on pg. 3 of the photo thread, or an RRA M4gery.
View Quote

The barrel is already gov't profile so only a trip to Steve is necessary.  

Edited to add: I think Kurt has a press on fake brake too.  I know Steve will also cut the barrel down too and install a Wilson brake.

Probably wise to check with both.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top