Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 2:20:13 PM EDT
Is there any reason why people are putting the magpuls on backwards? I've got mine on my magazines going side to side like picture on the company's site.

But I seen alot of pics on the web where people are putting them on the mags going front to back which looks odd. Am I missing out on something buy putting them on side to side?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It gives the Magpul a much lower profile, which is necessary for fitting a mag with one installed into some types of mag pouches.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Its the way Magpul recommends, in the paperwork that comes with the pulls, to allow the mags to fit in non magpul cert'd pouches.  RACK pouches are one of these.  

Edited to add:

Im going to come clean, the real reason is one of the following:

1.  Ive been trying to piss you off for the last 15 years, Finally Ive suceeded.

2.  Its a secret plot by all the operators out there to keep civs from being able to do fast mag changes.

You decide :-)

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
A better question is this???

Why do you have those freaking things on them anyway??????????

Just thought Id ask
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Fitting them backwards lowers the profile.. ever try a magpuled 30 rounder while prone? They fit a little tighter, since they're molded to be ftted the "other way".. then, when you drop them, they tend not to bounce so much... they still give good  grip for extraction. I truthfully didn't ever put a finger through the loop anyay, since I wear gloves while shooting..

I use mine to make manipulating my mags easier (and telling by touch which end is which), and to protect the floorplates when I drop the mags or use the mags as a monopod.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:38:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I have them on from front to back to protect the entire mag bottom.  One of the ranges that I use has gravel for surface, and dropping a nice USGI 30 rounder on that during a run-and-gun match is cruel.  It also gives me a place to index my hand when going for the magazine change.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top