Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2003 5:26:03 AM EDT
Who makes the most accurate, crisp, smoothest, drop in 2-stage trigger for AR's. I have heard the Armalite is better than the Fulton piece..
I just want the best, drop in trigger group, i can buy for my new 20" NM Bushmaster, price is no object.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Jewell for 2-stage. It works without any problems. I also bought a RR 2-stage. It was bad, fired without warning - basically dangerous. I had the RR tuned and it seems fine now with a noticeable second stage. However, it is not as nice as the Jewell. You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just want the best, drop in trigger group, i can buy for my new 20" NM Bushmaster, price is no object.
View Quote

[b]Knight's.[/b]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=175511[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176825[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on Knights.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased a RRA two staged NM trigger from Pete's in HH and installed it myself with not a hitch or hassle.  It's really a sweet trigger and i like it alot.  I've used the jewel trigger and it's just a little nice....but so is the price and you need to be a rocket scientist to install it.  Ty RRA for making something simple for a change.

Orddy

(chainsawkill)
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The Jewell is great, but not a drop-in.  You do have to adjust setscrews and spring tensions.  It's easy to do and the required allen wrench and spring tool come with the trigger kit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
My own Armalite 2-stage, in a factory new Armalite NM rifle, failed after 1,050 rounds.  I installed a new Jewell trigger myself and am not a gunsmith.  Just followed some suggestions from others on this board and it went fine.  Only have about 150 rounds through it so far but it works great.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
KAC, although I've only had the opportunity to compare it to the standard trigger and the RRA trigger.  The RRA trigger is pretty decent and very easy to install.  I've had no problems with my RRA trigger, but the Knights is much nicer, although much pricier.    
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a question for people who have had 2 stage trigger problems.Was it on a rifle used for competition or a field rifle.Pat Rogers in a posting last week shed alot of light on the pros and cons of these types of triggers and said people using them on defensive ARs were having break downs after 1 or 2 days because they are not meant for hard use or field use.With that ive heard the armalite is a good one because no allen scr ew to mess around with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just a question for people who have had 2 stage trigger problems.Was it on a rifle used for competition or a field rifle.Pat Rogers in a posting last week shed alot of light on the pros and cons of these types of triggers and said people using them on defensive ARs were having break downs after 1 or 2 days because they are not meant for hard use or field use.With that ive heard the armalite is a good one because no allen scr ew to mess around with.
View Quote

For that matter, get the RRA two stage.  No allen screws to mess around with either and it is half the price for what is essentially the same design.  I would only trust my life to a KAC.  No worries!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine was on a rifle used for competition.  With me, I shoot this rifle much more than I do my other ARs though.  I also dry-fire it extensively so when I said that it failed after 1,050 rounds, the number may well double when you include dry-fire "snaps".
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top