Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2003 9:25:48 PM EDT
Have been interested in the new Barretta rifle lately, and found one on the shelf down here.  Well, they also had one of the new Bushie Superlights with the fixed carry handle.  Quite interesting to hold the two side by side.  They are almost identical length, but the Bushmaster weighs (guess) probably a pound less.  Definitely noticeable.  My 8 yr old really loved the Storm (AR's aren't as exciting to him, as we shoot them about twice a month).  

But it got me to thinking, (I don't need another AR), but if one were to put one of the ACE carbon fiber ultrialight stocks on it, you would have just about the ultimate in light weight, compact, substantial firepower!!

I still think the Storm is interesting, but darned if I ain't thinking of ANOTHER AR!!  

Doc
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, your hooked.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]

I finally got to handle a Storm on Friday at Jay's in Clare.  It was their 'floor display abuse me model', ie: the only one they had, but my thoughts were the same.  

The Storm is certainly a sweet looking piece and fit my shoulder well, nose at the base of the rear sight with good balance, but it didn't balance or fit better than my Bushy Superlight.  And at their asking price of $625, the Storm is something I can live without considering their on the shelf Bushmaster A2's were only $140 more...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Look a little harder and you'll find a (NIB) Storm for $521.. makes the decision harder, doesn't it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top