Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2003 6:11:39 PM EDT
Ok, I had myself convinced to get the Bushmaster 20" when I decided to further research on Rock River after reading a favorable article on their M4.

This forum and BrianEnos.com had nothing but very positive things to say about Rock River.

They seem to have the chrome lined, chrome moly barrels on their 20" model. Whis is what I want.

Anybody hear anything bad about this firm?  Though I read good things, it also seems that they sell a very small percentage of the Ar type rifles.

Any bad reports on .223 Wyde system?

They also give a lifetime warranty - how is their customer service?

I'm leaning towards Rock River now, please feel free to give your opinion.

By the way, thanks for any feedback.  Seems you experts are very patient with us new guys.  Thats much appreciated seeming I can't ask most people what their handgun or rifle of choice is.  Not going to find anything in ConsumerReports either!!

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever read A BAD review.
I have no experience with RRA but I allways feel you should stick to the basics.
Expecially if it's your first AR.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA makes a fine rifle.  Did you say you want chrome lining or not?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The only two brands I would buy are Bushmaster and RRA. As far as chrome lining goes I think RRA only offers it as an option on their M4 rifle and no others. The majority of Bushmasters have the chrome lining.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been superbly satisfied with my first AR, which is a RRA A2.  It is machined very smoothly and cleanly.  I like the finish on the rifle, too.  It is very consistent and perfect in application.  

When I first got it, the bolt/carrier/gas tube  was a little tight.  Took about 100 rounds to get it to function perfectly (had a couple FTF's).  I chalk that up to very close tolerance machining, which is a good thing.  Nothing was out of spec or alignment, just tight.  Since then it has been the best rifle I have ever owned, and secured a place as my favorite weapon, by far.  

RRA states 1 MOA accuracy.  Mine is absolutely good for that.  I shoot those little 1' Shoot-n-See targets at 50 and can hit them every time, if I do my part.  At 100 yards, if I miss, it's by 1/2 inch or less.  That's with M193 ammo.

I would recommend [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url] They have the best RRA prices, I've seen and have a great RRA inventory.  Plus $4 flat shipping.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I second the recommendation for ADCO. Steve was able to buid me a CAR A4 with a chrome lined barrel. Send him an e mail to check availablity of other chrome lined barrels.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top