Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2003 4:54:18 PM EDT
Exactly what did colt use for the finish on their pre-ban guns.  I have one that is grey black and one that is much lighter in color. Just wondering.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Both of yours should be anodized. Colt just had various shades over the years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Early pieces had a finish that was very close to WW2 parkerizing; kind of a greeniish gray. Got a very late M16A1 milsurp upper assy last year that is close enough to the current dark finished pieces that it goes on a current AR lower without any siginificant difference in coloration.

My late 1970's SP1 has a color slightly darker than the early Air Force M16 upper I have.  As noted above, Colt has used a variety of colors to anodize their pieces.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
ar_mcadams
View Quote

Interesting handle, do I know you? Better yet am I related to you?

Dirk
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top