Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2003 5:47:45 AM EDT
  I'm considering buying this rifle.
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x16sl.asp

Bushmaster Superlight with A3 handle. (Sure that the handle is removable to mount scope)

I'm in New York so was wondering the best way to go about buying a rifle. SHould I order directly from Bushmaster to FFL dealer?
SHould I try to find the cheapest pice on the net and order it to FFL?

I'm worried about buying it from a store that has it in stock or ordering it not from bushmaster becuase I always think that I will be getting a gun thats not perfect. Bascially like someone said that he looked at a lot of bushmaster rifles and saw a lot of them were not straight? SInce I'm no expert in guns "yet" I don't want to buy a gun that already many people looked at and decided not to buy it becuase of some defect. But if I order directly from bushmaster I have a better chance of getting lucky (just like everyone else, so I can't kick myself in head later and say "I should of known to look at this before buying"). Don't want to ramble but you people should know what I mean by the worst is always the last to go.

SO what do you guys think I should do? And is it true that bushmaster rifles are known to have defects? Especially defects in how straight the sites line up? SOmeone just recently posted that he looked at numerous bushmaster rifles and almost all were not straight.

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I got my first Bushmaster complete at the gun show in N.C.. I don't ever seem to have good luck at the shows with hand gun prices, but the AR prices at the shows have been an average of $100.00 cheaper than my local gun shop. $850.00 at the gun shop and $750.00 at the shows. Also, you get to pick up and touch the actual rifle that you will be purchasing with lots of vendors to choose from. The second Bushmaster I bought was purchased in two parts. I ordered a complete lower straight from the factory (had it shipped to my local FFL) and had the complete upper shipped to my house. After comparing prices, buying the complete rifle at the show was about $80.00 cheaper than splitting it up and paying 2 shipping fees and 1 $25.00 transfer fee. The last 3 ARs that I got, I bought stripped Eagle Arms loweres from Quantico and had the complete kits from J&T  (minus reciever) sent straight to my house and assembled them myself, (about $240.00 cheaper)than complete rifle. Hope this might help a little.
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've purchase nearly all my firearms online with gunbroker.com. I've gotten some pretty great deals too..My first Bushy I got for just four bucks over wholesale...sucks for the seller great for the buyer...
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy one used, out of the newspaper if that is legal in NY.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, look on Equipment Exchange
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
eddie500,
contact chris over at Eagle Firearms -- he lists over in the equipment exchange or you can get to him through his website.  he is an authorized bushmaster authorized dealer.

all his contact info is in this post:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=183271[/url]

[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/[/url]

chris did a great job getting me a semi-custom M4-ish upper and a stock lower from bushmaster; the price was right, communication was exemplary, delivery was on time, and product was perfect.  highly recommended.  i've since bought some aimpoint optics and cool ARMS stuff from him.  i'll use chris@eagle for my next rifle project as well.

in fact, he may already have an FFL on record who is close to you in NY, see
[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/ffl.htm[/url]

any questions, just let me know.

regards,
ar-jedi

edited to make hotlink work
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top