Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2003 12:03:26 PM EDT
Which is louder? Bushmaster Mini Y Comp or Bushmaster AK muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have heard the mini y is the loudest.  I just shot mine for the first time and it is insane how much noise that thing makes.  I am definitely getting it swapped out ASAP!  I haven't shot one with the AK style brake yet.  I think I am going to be leaning towards a false birdcage or something of that nature.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Mini Y comp.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Granted, I love the look of "something" at the end of an AR barrel, but I [b]hate[/b] the loud crack associated with brakes. [b]So, what is a "false birdcage"?[/b]

There has to be something we Post-banners can do to "dress up" the business end of our rifles w/o breaking federal regs. Let's all hope this stupid ban will sunset and we can use those [i]evil[/i] flash suppressors.

-Steelhunter Out!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Granted, I love the look of "something" at the end of an AR barrel, but I [b]hate[/b] the loud crack associated with brakes. [b]So, what is a "false birdcage"?[/b]

There has to be something we Post-banners can do to "dress up" the business end of our rifles w/o breaking federal regs. Let's all hope this stupid ban will sunset and we can use those [i]evil[/i] flash suppressors.

-Steelhunter Out!
View Quote

It is a muzzle brake that is designed to look like an A2 birdcage FS. I can't say whether or not it actually works like a brake though.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
They have "flash hiders" that dont have the slots cut all the way through.  Other fake flash hiders are press fit over the barrel so you see the barrel through the slots.  These are called fake flash hiders.  They have brakes that look like flash hiders and they are called look-a-like brakes.  Look-a-like brakes are not as loud as AK74 or Mini Y style brakes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top