Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 6:18:18 AM EDT
Gents-

First off, Merry Christmas to all, I hope you have a happy one.

Second, does anyone know if/where I can buy an accessory for my A2 sites to make them visible in the dark? I'm thinking something alone the lines of those glow-in-the-dark sites they have one handguns, two flouresant dots on the the rear site and one on the front for easy target aquisition day or night....

do these exist? if not, how do soldiers (or those without flat tops) hit ANYTHING in the dark (in the days before nightvision)??

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Hello and welcome to the board!

Yes Trijicon does make the night sites as I have been looking for them myself.

try: [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]

or

[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/ARMSnumber40.htm[/url]

I saw in the picture forum someone had mentioned they also had something called "Big Dot night sites" or something along those lines.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon & Meprolight both make *excellent* tritium - glow in the dark for 5-6 years - night sights.  XS Sights also makes a very nice tritium night sight.

Other options for shooting at night are red-dot sights (which are better than the glow-in-the-dark sights); and Trijcon Scopes with BAC.

If you've got NVG, then a nice IR laser is great and the bad guys never know you're there until too late.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top