Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 3:22:25 AM EDT
Is there any difference between the 50c bi level slimline and the 46c slimline other than that front rail being the same height and uninterrupted all the way to the front sight post on the 46?
Are they actually 2 different units or the same with the 46 having the extended hi-rise front rail where the 50 has a low or sunken in one?
I need to either swap the front rail for the bi level effect of the 50 or trade my 46 for a 50.
Thanks in advance and merry X-mas
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
While the real guy to answer this question is MSTN (on the EE) IIRC, the #50 was designed for use of the EOTech on the foward lower portion of the S.I.R., whereas the #46c was just a re-make of the #45 in a "slimlined" version.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I had some questions about the SIR as well.

If I have a RRA M4gery and I use an Aimpoint, which one should I get, the 46 or 50?

I was thinking the 46, since I already have the "mod spacer" on my ARMS 22M68.  It appears that if I get the 50, that'll be too high (or I'd have to take out the spacer).
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 46C, but you probably would better off with 50C if you aren't interested in PEQ-2.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My origional plan was aimpoint or eo-tech (remaining neutral)on the top rail, with an AR2A front sight mounted laser and M900 underneath.
The front rail will be unoccupied with that setup, or I keep the 46 and put an OTAL in front of the ML2 instead of the front sight mount.
Opinions would be appreciated.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top