Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2003 12:34:16 PM EDT
I have a RRA lower with M&A parts.  The trigger isn't bad, but I would like it a little better to go with my heavy flat-top upper.  What are your suggestions?  TIA!

Dave
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=150423[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How about commercial triggers?  What's available?  TIA!

Dave
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Best trigger for the price is a replacement Accuracy Speaks trigger.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Of course there is also the JP trigger, and Rock River has its own 2 stage trigger.  The best?  I don't know, but I like both of them.  Depends on how much you want to spend as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the JARD trigger, but if your trying to do it on the cheap, just install a set of the JP reduced power trigger/hammer springs.  It's the best money you can spend to improve your stock trigger.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176742[/url]

Pat Rogers, Gunsite carbine instructor and former Marine & police officer:

During the second owners administration, the gunsmith sold carbine packages- his version of what a carbine should be (it is interesting to note that not one instructor ever used this carbine- not one). Included was a "match trigger".
I can't recall having one finish a class without a problem. The 'smith claimed that all of the students wanted them. The truth is that he pushed the trigger for profit. The instructors told the students not to get it- when they came back from the shop they were poorer in cash, and bound to have problems.
This manifested itself when the present owner had one put in his carbine, and loaned it out to a student. It lasted until Tuesday morning.
While [red]i see absolutely no use for a "match trigger" on a working gun[/red], i am convinced that it is a matter of fitting more then anything else.
[red]I am also convinved that a match trigger has a more finite life then a service trigger.
I will take reliability everytime over any perceived "accuracy" advantage that the "match trigger" may have.[/red]
View Quote

Just something to contemplate.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy,

Do you think the low budget, surface hardened only, stock triggers last longer than the Accuracy Speaks triggers?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I've put approx 5000 rounds through my BM with a JP trigger and springs.

Great trigger and no failures to ignite - even with Wolf.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the Accuracy Speaks trigger group...., it's AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Based upon my experience with a brand new Armalite NM rifle's trigger - failed after only 1,050 rounds, I would be very reluctant to put a 2-stage trigger in a "duty gun".  I have a Bushy and an Oly with stock triggers.  Both are hard but relatively smooth, I just practice and get used to them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#13]
The Accuracy Speaks trigger components, unlike many others, are no more complex than the stock stuff and built to mil-spec.

Derik Martin,who owns AS, is a national level competitor and is a glazed-eyed fanatic on the topic of reliability. I'd trust his fire control components in any rifle I'd take to a gunfight.

The JP components on the other hand, while providing a superb remington-like trigger pull, use weaker-than-stock springs and I've snapped two of their hammers in half.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a RR two stage - it was bad. I had it tuned and works fine now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I just installed a RRA 2-stage NM trigger and so far it has functioned flawlessly.  I'll use this trigger again in the future on my next ar too.

Orddy

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]
IMO,

Best two stage match: KAC
Best two stage F/A: KAC
Best Single Stage: Accuracy Speaks
Best budget 2 stage: Holinger tuned RRA match
Best "I'm broke assed" trigger:  15 minute trigger job.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Dollar for dollar, I think that the RRA 2-stage is a steal.  I have three and I don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

Note: I am not a 1000-yard shooter, nor do I rely on these three rifles to save my life.
There are better triggers than the RRA unit, but they come at far greater costs.
I would not want ANY NM-style trigger in a battle rifle.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I can see the point of not wanting a match type trigger in a working AR for combat use etc, BUT...Take that 10# stock trigger to the range for some bench work and you will suffer. My bench/hunting guns shoot 2# triggers, going from that to a standard AR trigger sucks. It all depends on what your gun is used for.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It all depends on what your gun is used for.
View Quote

Oh so very true, and such philosophy can be applied to a multitudes of part, accessories, an configuration.  Not everyone's, or every rifle's mission is the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=150423[/url]
View Quote

About a year ago, I posted this to my web site to preserve the pictures that were missing in the original link.

You can find it at [url]http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top