Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 8:30:26 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

Recently I purchased a TangoDown BattleGrip model BG-16 for a song on eBay. It's the model that holds Aimpoint and Surefire batteries.

Do any of you use one? What do you think of it? Originally I purchased it just to flip and sell myself. The more I look at it though the more I like it.

It seems like a very high quality part. Do they hold up? Are they comfortable for extended shooting sessions?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I use them.
Some complain that they are thina  nd do not fill the hand well.  So, the finger is not "placed" in the right spot, so you need to think about where your finger is, unless you have fat hands, short fingrer or both.  I use gloves almost all of the time, so those take up a lot of slack.
Thin grips over tima can lead to hand fatigue, like the difference between holding a bat a long time and the wrong end of a screw driver.  Trying to hold the thin screwdriver firmly will wear you down quicker than the bat, the bat just fills the hand better.
The bite of the std. A2 grip's gone though w/ a duckbill type extension under the trigger guard.  I like mine a lot, and have used the A2, the SPR, and the Ergo type.  Like them all, like the TD as much.  All are different but I don't hate any.  If you want to open and try your TD go ahead, if you don't like it, I'll give you your money back for it, there's always a lower in need of a grip around here.

/S2
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Sulaco! I'll give it a whirl and see how I like it. I just installed a Colt Duckbill grip on my M4 carbine so I think I'll put it on one of my 20" A2s.

Thanks again [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine,  I got one of the earlier ones with the smoother texture.  I don't really like aggressive checkering on plastic,  the battlegrip has a nice feel that doesn't rub me the wrong way.

Plus it can hold 2 AAs for my EOTech (with out rattling BTW).
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both old and new style Battlegrips and like them very much. They are on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the new textured version on my RRA M4 and I must say that I like it.  I agree with Sulaco in that it does seem thin but it also seems more ergonomic (sp?) than a standard A2 grip.

Overall I think it was worth the investment for the storage capacity alone.  Hope you end up keeping yours CJ, I do no think you will regret it.  If not you can always give it to me.  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I use TD grips exclusively on all my ARs.  In my opinion, there is no finer grip on the market providing ghe feature and fit of the TD grip.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm about to install the TD grip on one of my A2 HBARs to see how it goes.

I'm starting to feel like a "tactically fagged out gear queer..." [:D]

Last week my Magpul M93 came in as well as my PRI Military Big Latches. Next week I'd like to finally get my Surefire from Grant.

Slowly but surely my AR collection is being dragged into the 21st century.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm about to install the TD grip on one of my A2 HBARs to see how it goes.

I'm starting to feel like a "tactically fagged out gear queer..." [:D]

Last week my Magpul M93 came in as well as my PRI Military Big Latches. Next week I'd like to finally get my Surefire from Grant.

Slowly but surely my AR collection is being dragged into the 21st century.
View Quote

The dark side beckons you young Padawan.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top