Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2003 5:40:07 AM EDT
I would like to get my SP1 zeroed at 250 meters, per army specifications, but can't follow the regular procedure of setting up a target at 25 meters because the range I am using only allows targets at 50 yards or farther out.  I am thus wondering how to modify the standard sight-in procedure to be able to do it at 50 yards instead of 25 meters and still have the point of aim and the strike point coincide at 250m.  You healp on this would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Use the unmarked aperture, sight in at 50 yards.

You will be 1.7" LOW at 250M.

If you can keep a tight enough group then zero in at 0.5" high at 50 yards.  That will cause the rounds to land 1" high at 250M.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
valmet_man,

Go to page three of this forum, Forest does a good job of explaining the entire process.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In practical terms, if you zero at 100m will have no problems out to 300m.

Unless you have a highly accurized AR you shouldn't notice much, if any difference in poa/poi from 50-300m with a 100m zero. Certainly you will be within the accuracy of the gun, ammo and shooter's consistency.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top