Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2003 11:35:07 AM EDT
I am looking at an HBAR II competition rifle.  I was just wanting to get some opinions on it what do you all think.  I've found it for 899.00  good price?  Thank you in advance for the advice.

RAS
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be in line with the going rate. You might shop around a bit and see what others are going for.
Welcome to AR15.com. What part of AR are you from??
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Russellville, AR
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell me that you don't plan on using the the rifle in the DCM class.  

Since the rifle uses a detachable carry handle, it's not class legal (yet), and even with the carry handle attached, the rear sight will not rise high enought for match shooting.  Due to the limited space on the handle, the sight housing threads are shorter than a standard fixed handle unit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This was my first AR.  In my humble opinion, I would go for the detachable carry handle model (MT6731).  I almost didn't, and in my case it would have been a costly mistake.  Pretty soon, you will most likely want to put some type of optic on top, and the removable version offers many more options.

This model is accurate, well-made, and reliable. Good choice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for the info.  This is my first week on the web site and you guys are great.  Happy Shooting!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top