Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2003 4:22:24 AM EDT
Hi folks

I'm considering buying a used Tromix 50AE upper and would appreciate comments from those familiar with them, especially reliability in feeding. It comes with Tromix mags. I will put it on a HBAR lower. How bad is recoil? How good is accuracy? The seller claims to have fired only 20 rds, so I'm a tad suspicious.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You won't be disappointed.  Mine has never had a failure of any kind & I have better than 100 rounds through it.  Recoil is akin to a 20 gauge shotgun but mine has tony's integral "boss" type brake & it tames it nicely.  It is fun to shoot but unless you can spend all day shotgun shooting you won't make a day out of shooting the .50AE.  I'd bought mine more for hunting than plinking but didn't get into the woods w/ it at all this year.  Don't be suspicious of any barrel wear.  Mine went through 4 or 5 mags & standard pacthes were still pretty clean on the first pass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If the mags were done by Tony your feeding should be flawless.  He understands the system he built. [;)]

An upper with a brake is a pussycat.

Pros:

Factory ammo available.
Runs well with properly converted mags.
Accurate as hell -- Tony uses "match grade" barrels.

Cons:

Ammo is semi-expensive.
Mag conversions can be picky.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top