Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2003 8:36:06 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

I tried my new Magpul M93 at the range today. It's safe to say that this stock is one of the finest pieces of equipment I've ever mounted on an AR.

I like it so much in fact that I'd like to buy another one and mount it on my Colt 6400c M4 carbine. The only problem is that my M4 is a postban.

I've read somewhere that MagPul can somehow stake the M93 to make it postban compliant. Is this true? If so how do I go about ordering one? Is it something that I can do myself?

I've enjoyed my ACE entry stock greatly, but I'm now smitten with this Magpul.

One of these days I'd also like to try a Vltor. For those of you who run both a Vltor and a Magpul how would you rate the comfort, funtionality, and durability of one versus the other?

Thanks in advance for your help-my apology for asking so many qustions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Anyone?

Please?

[:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I am also wondering about this.

Stupid AWB
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am also wondering about this.

Stupid AWB
View Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have sent an e-mail to Magpul, and if they get back to me before we get an answer here I'll IM you with the info [:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
To answer your first question, Rich aqt Magpul has absolutely told me he can fix the M93 stocks to be postban compliant. I'd try to call and talk to him about it, but I know for a fact he has said he can and would do this in the past.

To answer your second question... I have both a Magpul and 2 Vltors. The Vltor has been the more comfortable stock for me. I likle the Magpul better because I think it offers a more stable and modular design, but the Vltor is certainly more comfortable to me.

However, this is not a fully informed opinion because I have not yet tried the NEW Magpul M93a stock. I have one on the way to me, but I have not yet tried it. One of the boggest difference in the M93 and the M93a is the cheek weld. The new M93a is supposed to feel much better. So I cant comment on how the new Magpul feels compared to the Vltors.

To be honest with you, if I had a Magpul already, I would probably just go and get a Vltor for the other gun. They already have no less than 4 postban compliant stocks in a variety of colors. It's an AWESOME stock in its own right, and I like to have one of everything!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell me more about the M93A, I just got my 93 and I'm lovin it, would probably upgrade if it was improved.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tell me more about the M93A, I just got my 93 and I'm lovin it, would probably upgrade if it was improved.
View Quote

[url=]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=176100&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Heres the thread that announced it last week or so...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=176100[/url]

[img]http://www.magpul.com/mss/m93a3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.magpul.com/mss/m93a2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
This thing tough enough to buttstroke someone with it?[:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes they even have a buttstroking reenforcement attachment.  No I am not kidding.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
According to an email from Richard, he can install a metal piece over the plunger to lock the stock into the positon of your choice.  If the ban sunsets in September, you can then carefully cut the metal piece off to make the stock function as it was meant to.

It does not sound like the mod to lock the stock can be made at home, though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]
do these have some sort of a storage compartment?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Not yet, but they will in the (hopefully) near future. Magpul is working on several additional accessories that can be used with the stock, battery compartments and waterproof storage are among them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Magpul will fix there stock to your desire position upon special request. I ask Richard at Magpul this question several months back when they first came out. Now if I just can get the money away from my wife long enough to get one lol.
John
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes they even have a buttstroking reenforcement attachment.  No I am not kidding.
View Quote

Here's a pic:

[image]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Magpul_Plate.JPG[/image]

Thanks for the information guys.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's a pic:

[image]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Magpul_Plate.JPG[/image]

Thanks for the information guys.
View Quote

OW! You'll put an eye out with that,Kid![BD]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Do I go to Magpull in the industry fourm to answer all my tedius questions about putting one of these on my postban? I would ask here but I have hijacked enough.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Being as Magpul would be the ones who would have to fix it, I would try giving them a call and speak with them directly. In my experience they have been very good about either answering their phones durring normal business hours, or returning my calls. They will probably want to know what position you want it fixed in.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I agree you should call.  Position 6 is A1 length.  I use the stock in position 4.  Its just long enough to use prone but its short enough to use with a semi iso combat stance and keep my elbows down with a vertical grip.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top