Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
I've been thinking about "stepping up" to a high priced post ban target varmint AR15. I've thought about a Bushy Varminter...M15T and even a Wilson AR. I am not however interested in a Les Baer AR...so lets not go down that road... But the other day I saw a SR-15 20" flat top..free float..the works for about 1,500 bucks. I'm wondering if it's worth the extra bucks...The M15T and Varminter are roughly the same price(about 900-1K and from what I have read they deliever roughly the same results..I guess I'm just wondering...if the remaining 5-600 bucks is just paying for the Stoner name? Or and I getting something that I don't see on the surface...?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Your paying for a good trigger, a descent barrel, and that KAC engraved on the side.  If I was in the market for a tack driver, I'd by a Colt CR6724.  I have yet to see one of those rifles that wouldn't shoot.  They're true .5moa rifles right out of the box.

Mine was better than that.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Impact Arms looks to have a sale on the KAC SR-15 Match rifle for under $1500.  That is a fantastic deal!  You get a KAC FF RAS, Krieger barrel and the best match AR trigger in existance.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly what DarkNite said!  You get a great trigger, a free float Ras, and a Kreiger barrel for a decent price.  I have the sr-15 match and I love it!  Best group so far was a .384".  If you do go the impact route you may have to be patient, when I was looking they told me it may be 6 months or longer!  Try Excaliber arms, they have them in stock, but it will cost a little more.  Also if you are looking to shoot light weight bullets, be aware that the Stoner has a 1 in 7.75" twist, which will probably be too fast.  Also no disrespect to Rabbit9, but I think a Kreiger is a little more than "a decent barrel"!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
First off, I personally won't be buying anymore KAC stuff due to the shitty attitudes of their reps that showed up at the FDCC anniversary shoot.

With that said, I think this falls under the "law of diminishing returns" idea.  While I'm sure the rifle costs what it costs for a reason, I don't think that in my hands it would do any better than the BM or DPMS.  I wouldn't get any use out of those forward rails at all, the BUIS wouldn't be something I'd use.... etc.

Is this like what you're talking about?
[img]http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976384705-1.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top