Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 10:45:40 PM EDT
While sorting through some surplus M-16 furniture I purchased from Gov't, I came across a couple of green buttstocks. These are the early M-16, solid buttplate style. The color / material under the coat of green paint looks like red-brown fiberglass. These are definately original; not a coat of added paint. Anybody have the story on these green stocks. I was told by the CATM guys who were removing this furniture for upgrade to M-16A2 that there were complete rifles with green handguards and pistol grips as well. What do I have? How rare?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that McChord AFB has one but I can't remember what the serial number is. I can remember that it is prety darn low.  I have had a chance to handle it, but never got out and shot it.

That is the only one I have seen that is legit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
They were produced by Mattel [peep]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What you have is some green stock parts off an Air Force Colt/Armalite AR15 Mod 01 . The early AF M16 are still around, most if not all were upgraded to A2's. When I worked on my units conversion we did somewhere around 1200 weapons with quite a few low 4 digit serial # 01's none were all original, we only found 1-2 complete sets of green furniture.
They are pretty rare, Having read the regs when I worked the AF A2 conversion they specificaly ordered that all not used in conversion parts were to be de-milled and destroyed....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There where some pics posted here a while back from a USAF armory. Good pics of an early green stocked Colt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
For any of you interested, there is a green A1 pistol grip going for $10 on ebay right now, maybe it belongs to one of these way early rifles...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top