Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2003 2:19:34 PM EDT
I have been to forums all over the web and got a lot of guess but no one knows for sure on the barrel of my colt sp-1 there is a C followed by a MP and then a B does anyone know what the B stands for

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome [b]b[/b]ore, maybe? [>:/]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Two different philosophies on this----one is B is for Bushmaster, the other is that the B refers to 'Both' the Chamber and the bore being chrome lined.  I'd bet that the B probably is for Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
if i remember correctly the B on a bushy comes before the MP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
about 90% of the people I have talk too also say the first letter is the company is there anyone out there that has a 1978 SP-1 CAR 15 that has the same markings?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just looking on the for sale on this site and colt 653 has a NIB 1974 SP-1 for sale that has the same markings on it I E-mailed him to see if he knows what it means if anyone knows him please let him know about my question
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
colt 653 answered my question he says eary model colt had a B that stood for chrome bore where as the later colts have it spelled out Chrome Bore on the barrel. thanks for everyone's help
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top