Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 1:55:55 PM EDT
Hello, I from Lubbock, Tx and I wanted to share a conversation I had with Geico Insurance today concerning gun ownership.

I called Geico Insurance to get a quote on home owners insurance.  After answering all their questions about the home and property, they asked me if I owned any guns.  "Of course I do," I told them.  They requested a list of guns and their value.  They asked if I used them for hunting or self-protection.  I told them "BOTH!"  Geico then asked if I own an "assault weapon."  I ask their definition of an assault weapon and they could not give a clear answer.  I told them I have a few AR-15s and some AK-47 variants, all legal semi-auto weapons.  The Geico sales lady put me on hold for 5 minutes and when she came back she told me they could not offer me insurance.  They told me I am a liablity because I own an "assault weapon" and I use guns in self defense.  Her name was Lynn Russ and her manager who made the decision is Rea Leach.  I later found out that Geico home insurance is Travelers which is own by City Bank.

What do you think about that my friends?  I know City Bank is a strong supporter in the Anti-Gun movement.  If you are with Geico it is time you find your self another insurance company!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I planned on dumping geico before I read this post. It's just iceing on the cake
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
THAT'S GOOD INFO AND EVERYONE HERE SHOULD DUMP THE JERKS AND LET THEM KNOW WHY. I ALSO WONDER IF IT IS LEGAL TO NOT INSURE SOMETHING THAT IS LEGAL, SOUNDS LIKE DISCRIMINATION TO ME! WHAT NEXT DO THEY PLAN NOT TO INSURE?
JACK
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually just read these forums but I had to post this

The more I think about this today the more pissed off I get.  They offered me a good deal on home owners insurance, but after I mentioned I wanted my guns covered they refused to sell me insurance.  They said I'm a liablility to them because I could shoot someone with my assault rifles and that I had too many guns!  

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I am going to call them and spend a long time on their 800 number, then ask about the guns just before I accept their offer.  Maybe we can make them realize how much money they are losing.  Not that I would use them for anything now.

Thanks for the heads up
Doc
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top