Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:13:35 AM EDT
Does anybody the origins of this type of AR/M16 flashider?  Does it have "historical" origins or use?  or was it invented by Model 1.  I am thinking of doing an XM177 type build and was just curious if any "real" XM177s had this type of flashider.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have something like that on a EA J-15..the upper is a Colt 1/7 20" with a similar unit on it. The holes are however, in a spiral pattern...like a candy cane. I've shot the gun at night with various types of ammo and that sucker is anything but a flashider...all the little holes light up and a little fire ball about the size of a melon errupts about 1' in front of the gun. From the shooters perspective...you don't see much, but from the target or from the side of the shooter...it's pretty bright. On the other hand...that same evening a buddy of mine had a 16" with an A2 and his gun didn't even put out half the flash... I would have to wonder if this could be put in the muzzle break catagory? Then again it does get the kickass stamp to it...but I wouldn't take it to war...I'd put something else on like a Vortex or Phantom...even an A2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top