Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 6:04:54 AM EDT
How much shorter does the barrel have to be to be able to use the bayonet. I am thinking about having one cut down with the FH permenently attached so the bayonet will mount and it will be 16+"

Think that can work ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the barrel has to be [i]longer[/i] for a bayonet to fit properly on a mid-length.  16-11/16" or something like that.  On a regular 16" with the mid-length the ring on the bayonet sits in the middle of the FH, instead of at the back like it's supposed to.

If you have the standard CAR-length HGs then 14.5" is the proper length for bayonet mounting.  That's why the M4s are that length.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top