Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 1:58:06 PM EDT
I've been hunting for one of these for some time.  It's a colt M4 look-alike.  It seems like these are relatively scarce.  I'm curious if they are scarce because they stink up the place or there is a high demand for them.  Thanks,

J
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
JohnnyMo, I have one bought it this summer. The Gun shop I went to  had quite a few as a matter of fact he gave me the choice of the one on the shelf or new in an unopened box. There probably is a demand for them. BobK
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They certainly don't stink! [:D]

Seriously, they're quality with all the right features. I didn't have any problem locating one at a godd price when I went looking. Don't remember the post but someone said he knew a shop in PA that had them for something like $865.00.

ETA: Oh and they aren't look-alikes. They're the real-deal. Even says so on the receiver. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My ffl just ordered one for me last week first
place he called was out but jerrys sports center in kansas city had some in stock will
be here this week.I see alot on gunbroker also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know of the place in PA that has them for $865?  I did a search and could not find the old post.

Thanks,
Weazer
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they aren't look-a-likes, not even real close, no sliding stock, no A2 compensator, no bayonet lug, 16.5" barrel, no select fire.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been hunting for one of these for some time.  It's a colt M4 look-alike.  It seems like these are relatively scarce.  I'm curious if they are scarce because they stink up the place or there is a high demand for them.  Thanks,

J
View Quote

I see you're from AZ. I bought one about 6 months ago from Scottsdale Gun Center. At the time he had several. I paid something like $950 for it. It's a good shooting little gun but keep in mind that Break is freaking loud!
--RR
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone know of the place in PA that has them for $865?  I did a search and could not find the old post.

Thanks,
Weazer
View Quote

Sorry, I looked for that post too. Couldn't find it. I don't remember what forum it was in either. Just remember someone asking how much.

Oh and more info here ... [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=29&t=141779[/url]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That is a great AR but i don't think you will find one for less than $899.00 retail and this time of year might not help .Keep looking in the shotgun news and find an FFL to do the transfer for you .
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Email or IM "ArmyInf" here on the boards.  He has them in stock for $967 which includes shipping.  He's a great guy to deal with and a board supporter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I sent mine to Wilson's to have the wannabe-flash-hider muzzle break put on. Then a RAS. Then an Aimpoint with Railgrabber mount. And finally an ARMS #40 BUIS. I've got about $1800+ into it (including the cost of the gun itself). OUCH!!!

It does look and shoot awesome, though. I love the "M-4 CARBINE" stamped into the receiver!    
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
ABNAK
It's no wonder your still listening to BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD this hobby is keeping you broke too.nice AR though .I bet you sill have a turntable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ABNAK
It's no wonder your still listening to BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD this hobby is keeping you broke too.nice AR though .I bet you sill have a turntable.
View Quote

Nope, I've recently upgraded to 8-Track tapes.  :)
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the tip, i'll drop this fellow a note!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top