Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 11:34:28 AM EDT
I have been looking lately and can't seem to find anyplace that hamdles Colt parts.  I did find SAW but have seen some negative posts on them. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The only negatives posted on this site about SAW have to do with the owner's attitude toward non law enforcement customers.  I assume that if you order something from them, and meet their minimum order requirements, you'll get what you ordered.

If you, like many of us on this site, think that the guy that owns this business is a pin headed putz who doesn't deserve your money, I'd suggest a call to Colt.  They'll either sell you the parts direct, or point you to one of their other parts suppliers.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
rep1969: I'm not "law enforcement" and I have had very positive results with SAW. My emails have been answered the same day, and when I bought Colt parts from them everything went smoothly. Tina is the one who answers emails and she is very friendly.

Now if you want to talk about Colt's customer service then you will get nothing but negative comments from me. Although, I still believe their rifles are excellent.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Brownells sells all current production Colt parts.  if you have a FFL or a C&R FFL they will give you a significant dealer discount.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I, too, have had good luck with Ken and Tina at SAW.  I couldn't care less about the hoopla that happened here.  The bottom line is I've gotten good service, quality product, and reasonable prices.  I'm doing an all Colt build right now and Ken has been very helpful via email.  I'm not LEO either, BTW.  I would highly recommend the guys at SAW.  As an aside, Brownell's prices on Colt parts are astronomical if you don't have an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
SAW isn't in business to talk about M16/ AR15s, they are their to sell products.  They do a good job and are very knowledgable.  I doubt you wil find your parts in stock, or get them quicker from anyone else.

Did he make some negative coments about a few people on this website?  Yes.  But so have most of us!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I think you can get what you want at SAW, but there is I believe a $50 minimum.  They are primarily in government sales so civilians don't command the same treatment necessarily.  Some have had troubles, others not.  The owner may be okay, but he was a jerk when he posted on this board - however, that wouldn't stop me from doing business with him.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top