Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2003 3:12:39 PM EDT
Over the weekend I bought my first AR-15, a Colt Match Target Competition HBAR. Fit and finish are excellent though comparable to the others I looked at, Armalite and Bushmaster.

I thought you all would like to know that this rifle doesn't have the odd front takedown pin. It has the standard. Its also missing the infamous sear block. I'm not sure about the fire control pins, I haven't checked those. Sooner or later I'll measure them.

In any event, those of you who have wanted a Colt but were agitated about non standard features might have less to complain about now if Colt is standardizing its product line.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The newest series of Colt guns did have std. diam front pivot pin, only they typically used a bolt instead of the push pin. Instead of a pinned in sear block they just left an aluminum bridge in the area where the sear goes, as far as I know all use the non std. trigger/hammer pins.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top