Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 2:13:55 PM EDT
I am searching for a two stage trigger for my AR. Rock rivers is about the cheapest($99), but I haven't heard good or bad about it. Anyone have any suggestions( brands, prices, or comments)?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for the RRA trigger. Mine works great. Btw, $99 is too much; go to [url]www.ar15sales.com[/url].
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't consider myself a "match shooter" but I am very picky about my triggers. I have a varminter ar that I use for target shooting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Very pleased with the RRA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA...best bang for the buck.

I have both Armalite and RRA both real good.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the adjustability of the Jewell, which is what I've got in my AR.  I couldn't compare it to the others, and it is more pricey than the RRA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a RRA trigger and a Jewell.  The Jewell is a little more difficult to install, whereas the RRA just drops right in.  The Jewell isn’t really hard to install once you know how to do it.  It took me about 30 minutes to figure it out.  Now I could do one in about 5 minutes and adjust it in about another couple of minutes.  You can not adjust the RRA trigger.  My Jewell trigger is adjusted to have a VERY light second stage.  The Jewell is adjusted with small screws.  Some people have said they’ve heard of or seen these screws work loose.  I personally don’t know anyone who has encountered this problem.  However, because the opportunity exists for the screws to work loose, I wouldn’t put a Jewell in a rifle with which I might use as a primary defense weapon.  I’d consider using a RRA trigger in any rifle.  

The Jewell trigger is in a RRA lower I built.  The upper is a RRA Varminter.  That rifle is one seriously accurate rifle.  I think the trigger has a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Bang for the buck, the John Holliger tuned RRA trigger is hard to beat.  Knight's makes what many think is the best for a 'combat worthy' rifle.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=175511[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top