Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 11:57:14 AM EDT
Alright, let's get the skinny down on this thing.

I've been looking at ARs, see? And CJ_Clan just about demolished my reasons for NOT choosing a Colt.

Sooo, what I want to know, is what is the availability of the 6601 ( not the 6601C compensated model )? How many of each does Colt make per-month, and why did Colt go ( not a problem, because they make two models ) with the Armalite-style brake rather than an A2 flashhider just bolted on?

If anyone owns one, I sure would appreciate some glory/horror stories, and possibly some photos!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an MT6601 20" Colt no comp, and LOVE IT!
Sorry can't help with your other ques.

Btw, the 6601 is easy on your ears as well, and 2000rds perfect operation.

Last, for a combat style rifle is very accurate!

[coffee]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So what about those rumors about the plastic triggerguard and buttplate/trapdoor? Cierto o falso?

How would YOU compare it to other AR brands, from personal experience if any?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You have 622[?] posts and no AR?   Get that 6601 and get to shooting. Worry about which is which later, at least till you have 622 boxs of rounds down range.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
You have a point... One box of ammo for every post... Sounds like a good excuse!

I just don't want to F*ck it all up be getting the second best there is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You have a point... One box of ammo for every post... Sounds like a good excuse!

I just don't want to F*ck it all up be getting the second best there is.
View Quote

Get the 6601, you will love it!
                    [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good, looks good, must smell good.... So it's gotta be good.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds good, looks good, must smell good.... So it's gotta be good.

View Quote

Let us know how you like it.  Also get a 20rd mag or two.            [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Colt and it is pretty good. I love it, but I did notice some things that I didn't like, like the plastic buffer and the front (screw) take down pin. I have a bushmaster lower that just seems a little cooler. It has front and rear take down pins, safe and fire marked on both sides of the lower and it had a metal buffer. These are just the slight differences I noticed. Nothing too functionally different. I still prefer the horse on the side of my AR, but I don't think the Bushmaster is inferior. I guess what I am saying is that I like the name, but I really like the features of the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are fair reasons, but Colt recently switched to standard sized lock pins, and re installed a metal buffer.

And GoldTop, I plan to get TONS more magazines than one or two. Try around 10 - 5 20rders and 5 30 rders.[:D]

For all of you that have a room in your house full of spares, shut your traps.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are fair reasons, but Colt recently switched to standard sized lock pins, and re installed a metal buffer.

And GoldTop, I plan to get TONS more magazines than one or two. Try around 10 - 5 20rders and 5 30 rders.[:D]

For all of you that have a room in your house full of spares, shut your traps.[:D]
View Quote

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey I have a colt mt6400c {mforgery} with that damn muzzle break on it.What ever you do dont buy a colt with the brake if you dont have to.I already have a replacement brake but have not had it installed.Hell I have alot of 'loud' guns, but every time I shoot the colt by the 3rd shot I get a migraine !!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey I have a colt mt6400c {mforgery} with that damn muzzle break on it.What ever you do dont buy a colt with the brake if you dont have to.I already have a replacement brake but have not had it installed.Hell I have alot of 'loud' guns, but every time I shoot the colt by the 3rd shot I get a migraine !!!!
View Quote

Yup, keep to blast/dbs down range!
        [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
get it and shoot it colts are not hard to get shops just make it sound that way to get u to pay more but forget customer service
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top