Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2003 8:10:31 AM EDT
I have a preban colt 9mm new in box, new in wrap, I am the original owner.  I have two 20 rounds that came with it still in plastic wrap with booklet.  I am wondering the current price and would it financially benefit me to wait until after next year if a new AW ban becomes effective.  I believe that a new AW ban will (unfortunately) go into effect next year.

Please help with adive if I chose to sell it.  I do not need the money write away but I do see it as a luxtury item I can do without.  Thanks

ps. Is this the right place to ask this question since no one has responded, I am questioning my location of posting this question.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You are the one who will ultimatly take the gamble as to whether the ban goes away or gets worse.

If your rifle was old enough to be large pin front pivot with no sear block and std. trigger pins ready for a DIAS conversion then I would say then a year ago it would have sold for about $2400 NIB like you describe. The newer rifles with std. front pivot pin and sear blocked lower with off sized trigger and hammer pins are worthless to those who desire the select fire conversion subguns so maybe a year ago $1700 on that configuration.

Now when most think that AW ban is going away prices have dropped.  If you can get $2000 for the original and $1400 for the later I would say you are doing good.

It might very well be worth more to you but I don't see prebans moving at all. Buyers are waiting for new guns after the ban expires.

Once the ban expires or is renewed then your rifle will either gain or loose value. Your choice.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top