Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:17:48 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying a complete upper from J&T, but the Bull Barrel is stainless and chrome-moly lined made by Shaw.  I've heard J&T has a good rep but I'm not sure about ordering a "varmit" barrel that's lined.  ????
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you pay the extra $50 on the M4 or A2 models your not getting a chrome lined barrel (I dont know if they do chambers or not). Chrome/moly steel is what the barrel is made of it doesnt mean the barrel is chrome lined. There is a differance.

I have a JT unlined chrome moly barrel on a rifle. Its a nice little tack driver.

Id stay away from SS barrels unless I was into slow fire shooting.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The SS barrels are whats on the SPR rifles. I love my 16" RRA SS barrel. No worries about whether chrome lined or not, and its easy to clean, and more accurate. All this does come at the cost of a little wieght though.
Id stay away from SS barrels that are lined.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The "bull-barrel" kit on their website says it's a stainless steel Shaw barrel.  That won't be lined with anything; it's just stainless.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top