Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2003 9:32:32 PM EDT
Well, I'm certainly not going to ask the aged old question.  But rather, after reams of research, I've decided (for me) the BM Dissipator will be my AR of choice.  I'll be using it basically for plinking, 100-300 yard target shooting, and occasionally to "snuff" out a bush wolf here and there.  The main reason I decided on the BM instead of the DPMS was the chrome/moly lined barrel.  Oh sure, DPMS also offers it was an option (I believe they call it CRYO barrel accurizing); but it seems the majority of threads and posts I've absorbed continue to tout the BM as the #1 choice for many. For now I'll add a full-length Ace Skeleton stock and find some nice optics.  I realize with the 1-9 twist I am basically limiting myself to bullets not heavier than 70 grains, and that's fine.  Now I'll just anxiously wait for my local FFL holder to give me a call.  Thanks you'all for the tremendous knowledge base you provide via this terrific forum.    
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd really like to get a BM Dissipator too, maybe for Christmas, we'll see. just a quick note. The "CRYO barrel accurizing" that DPMS offers is not the same thing as chrome lining a bore.

go get the BM Dissipator.

-J
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You will be well served by either one. Me personally, I like DPMS rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top