Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:34:45 PM EDT
I hear there are two companies making barrels with the name of Wilson. One is obviously Wilson Combat, but what about the other? Does anyone have info on the second manufacturer? I hear they are poor quality.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
A quick check of Troys AR chart shows that Wilson supplies barrels to 5 of the 9 AR makers. I have a DPMS with a Wilson barrel and it is very accurate.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
All the the AR's that I have and have had that had Wilson barrels (the second company) shot great and were very accurate.  I would say yes, that they do make good barrels.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My RRA Varminter has a Wilson, and I can get .25 moa with 5 shots with handloads.  Very accurate, and pretty durable.  Over 2k rounds now, and still getting this type of accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you referring to a company called Wilson Arms?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My new RRA 16" Carbine has a Wilson barrel and shoots about 1 MOA with good ammo.

~AbM
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:56:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it's [url=wilsonarms.com]Wilson Arms[/url] but is more commonly referred to as simply "Wilson".  they make fine barrels.  some are target grade but most are simply good or high quality.  my preban has a Wilson barrel and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My RRA Varminter has a Wilson, and I can get .25 moa with 5 shots with handloads.  Very accurate, and pretty durable.  Over 2k rounds now, and still getting this type of accuracy.
View Quote

I have to agree with az-ar.  Though I just got my RRA Varmint 16 recently, I was astounded by the accuracy with even cheap Winchester USA ammo. (I am working up my first handloads now.) In fact, I am now planning to sell my bolt .22-250 as I won't be using it any more.    I don't have experience with other makes, but RRA worked for me.  Good luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top