Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 6:38:26 AM EDT
I have match triggers, most of them two stage, in just about every AR I own;  Armalite, RRA, JP and Jewell.  Well, I just picked up a KAC trigger and it absolutely blows the rest away!  No creep in the second stage whatsoever, just a crisp break every time.

One drawback is the presense of set screws which may cheat a bit over time even if Loc-tighted.  Other than that I guess a (very) long term goal may now become to put one of these in every AR.  Owwwwch!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#1]
You're talking Knights triggers I'm assuming. If that's the case, I'm lucky. I have 2 of them, one in my sr-25 and another in my sr-15.. :)

Both are absolutely excellent!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted the question quite a while ago about anyone who has had these and done a side by side comparison. you have answered my question. thanks very much. now to go sell a body part to get one. !!

Ruff
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah, nothing quite like a Knight's trigger in a good shooting rifle:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9365[/img]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have found the quality of the first stage is VERY dependant on the trigger pins.  If your pins are a bit small and rotate slightly you get a grity, funky 1st stage.  If you get the trigger be sure to invest in some quality trigger pins too, you wont be diappointed by theis trigger.

How about we chime in on whether the trigger set screws have ever come out on us?  I personally have not had that happen but ony have a few hundred rounds of live fire through my rifle and about 300 rounds of dry fire practice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're talking Knights triggers I'm assuming. If that's the case, I'm lucky. I have 2 of them, one in my sr-25 and another in my sr-15.. :)

Both are absolutely excellent!
View Quote

[b]KAC[/b] = [b]K[/b]nights [b]A[/b]rmament [b]C[/b]ompany.  Pretty typical parlance in these parts. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I am spoiled by KAC triggers, they absolutely blow all other 2-stage triggers away that I have tried.  I use 2 semi's and the full auto version in my M16.  The F/A trigger is two stage in semi, single stage in F/A.  They really should make a large pin set so those owners can experience them.  They are pricey, but you feel better after you pull that trigger.  KAC triggers - for those who want the best and can afford them.  I wonder what a single stage KAC trigger would be like?  Would buy them immediately if they made one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a Knights trigger in my first SPR where no expense was spared. I just built a second one for fun and wanted to try to save some money. I got a new RRA 2 stage ata awesome price so I used it. Im sure the RRA is a nice trigger in its own right, but it truely does suck next to the Knights. Wow, what a difference $200 makes! Hahahahaha! Seriously, the Knights trigger is unbeatable for a 2 stage.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Once you use one it is hard to shoot anything else.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Does KAC trigger needed to be gunsmith installed?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
[:D]

Maverick, you can install it in just a few minutes yourself.

I have put about 1,500 rounds though one of my rifles with a KAC and have never had a set screw come loose or change position.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Agreed it only takes a few minutes to install even if you have never attempted a trigger install before.  The trigger comes preset and fixed with loctite from the factory and is without a doubt the easiest trigger install of any trigger set made.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the reply.

So that KAC trigger has set screws? I heard that I should avoid triggers with set screws like a plague if this is a serious rifle. Is the KAC's trigger an exception?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I am really spoiled.  I have five now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Maverick, I have never heard of such a claim regarding set screws.  If by "serious" you mean a defensive or duty type firearm, then my answer would be do not put a KAC in such arms.  This is only my opinion.  I prefer to stick with stock triggers for defensive arms.  If serious means a good hunting or long range rifle, then get a KAC.  The beauty of the set screws in the KAC is the ease and speed of adjustment.  They are located for easy access when the upper is raised.  One small hex wrench allows you to adjust quickly and easily for the pull of your choice.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I prefer to stick with stock triggers for defensive arms.  

View Quote

Yep, single stage.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I have some other KAC accessories and have been looking to get a good two-stage trigger for my AR.  
I have a POST BAN Colt Model MT6400C Match Target M4.  
Does anyone know for sure if I can put a KAC two-stage trigger in it???
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes Fox, serious meant defensive arms. All of mine are.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#18]
kacattack, measure your pins.  The KAC will only fit the small pin versions of an AR - .154.  I believe your Colt has the large pins - .170, which means you are out of luck and will have to look at one of the other manufacturers.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I love mine it made my AR10 T stop doubling and its a great trigger.
Pat
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Well the only match trigger in use in our militaries rifles in the KAC 2 stage.  It does not come loose in the field.  I have only even heard of one report where it came slightly out of adjustment ever in all my searching.  This is easily remedied by a slight adjustment if it ever happens.  You should feel the trigger come out of adjustment long before it even turns to a single stage.  The trigger will never make your rifle non functional.  I guess if you feel you need more reliability than our spec ops guys because your rifle is used in more dangerous or harsh conditions than theirs you should avoid this trigger. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#21]
DevL,

That is the best recommendation and reference  for the KAC trigger I have heard yet.  No doubt, if I ever decide to upgrade my trigger, it will be with a KAC 2 stage.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top