Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2003 9:48:15 AM EDT
I just recently got a new Eotech and once I mounted it on my M4gery's RAS I thought that the sight picture was to cluttered with the carry handle so I ordered the ARMS #40.

I only have access to a 25 yard rangs at the moment. What is the best way to sight in the #40 at the range so it will be sighted in at a 100 yards. I will be cowitnessing the eotech with this sight.

Thanks, David
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#1]
David

I have no clue how to help you.  But, since you seem to have the setup I want I have a question for you.

Did you need a mount with the EOTech or does it go right on the flattop upper reciever?  Any problems cowitness with this setup?  Or do you still have the EOTech mounted forward of the reciever?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
David, if you zero with your point of impact about 7/8ths inch LOW at 25yds, you should be pretty close to a 50yd zero (the improved battlesight zero).

Read here for further details on this, and other zeroing methods.
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw[/url]

Jimmy, the Eotech mounts straight to the receiver, and will have perfect co-witness with the irons.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12631[/img]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Zardoz,

Thanks for the picture.  I will "assume" that the standard front sight will also line up using an ARMS 40 BUIS behind the EOTech.  Hence, I am now in mode of finding the best deal on a EOTech with the circle dot reticle and extended battery features.

Thanks aghain

Jim
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top