Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2003 9:57:02 AM EDT
I was just wondering, since they have good accuracy, hardly any recoil and such, does the ak have about the same?  And the m1, do they all kickback hard?  So what do you all think is the best overall semi-automatic out there?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
AR!  [ROFL2]

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Also WELCOME Fez!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy yourself an AR, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
AR-15 is the best because I have tried the rest.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Santa can bring you one!  You will love it!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
No rifle is perfect.

Every semi-automatic weapon has areas of strengths and weakness.

To me for most circumstances the benefits of the AR-15 system far outwiegh it's weaknesses, and any other systems in it's class.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was just wondering, since they have good accuracy, hardly any recoil and such, does the ak have about the same?  And the m1, do they all kickback hard?  So what do you all think is the best overall semi-automatic out there?
View Quote

In my experience, the AK has slightly more recoil and much less accuracy. If by the M-1 you mean the .30-06 Garand, yes, they all kick hard. Somebody will tell you a .308 M-1 won't kick as hard, but I honestly can't tell the difference between an M-1 Garand, 1903, or M14/M1A. To me the AR is the best general use rifle of all of the semi-autos I have used. Actually, I will be using the AR in Highpower Matches in Service Rifle class. Accuracy wise, the other designs have a hard time keeping up when I'm the shooter (other shooters can utilize the bigger guns more effectively than I).

Get an AR, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The AK is a superb tool for converting cheap ammo into empty cases. That's it.

For extended shooting sessions (100+ rounds), the M1A or M1 Garand are great tools for bruising your shoulder.

The AR is a superb tool for making the targets very nervous. And your shoulder will be grateful for it!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The Ar15 is about the best. There are other Ars but I'd give the Ar15 the nod for cheap parts availability. And C'mon guys, you think your garands and M1as kick hard? Try launching a 400 grain bullet at 2050 feet per second, or a 300 grainer at 2300 f.p.s. out of a 6 1/2 pound rifle! Pussies! [:D]

Legalize freedom!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:08:11 AM EDT
[#10]
ARs are tops because of the ergonomics, weight and accuracy.

An AK47 clone will kick more than an AR by a noticeable amount.  I find it to bee too much for my taste.  Not becasue its punishing but rather becase it slower to get back on target.

An AK74 clone on the other hand kicks less than the AR15.  Its too bad the Russian 5.45mm ammo sucks for terminal ballistics.  Its also too bad AKs have some of the worst ergonomics of any rifle ever made.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Increased recoil is usually a necessary drawback for firing a more powerfull round.  Not everybody needs to save fractions of a second off their time to fire the next round, and some need or desire increased terminal effects and range.  Do the math for yourself and decide what you need, a smaller less powerfull cartridge may not be adequate for your application, but there is no need for shooting anything bigger than what is required for the job.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top