Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2003 3:39:35 PM EDT
I just joined the club, traded a gun for another members 2001 limited edition RRA AR15.com LEPG (130 0f 1,000)....I know they didnt make 1,000 of them. Gun looks brand new. I know I'll have a couple of questions in the future but I wanted to check on the ammo thing. Lower is marked 5.56, is mil- surplus 5.56 ok to shoot with these guns. Like Lake City or something simular????? Its a fine looking gun and I know I'll be happy with it. I read up on the RRA before the trade and it looks like a very well made weapon. I just put a red dot scope on it and a tactical sling. Last ARs I owned were many years ago before the ban, seems like they would never work worth a crap. Thanks for any help in advance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Mil-surp is fine; the chamber is 5.56mm.

The RRA M4 is a fine rifle.

Did you get the guy drunk or what?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the LEGP rifles were produced before RRA were offering chrome lined, 5.56 barrels. So it is not chrome lined, nor is it a 5.56 chamber. It's actually their .223 Wylde chamber. But you will most likely be just fine shooting 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey OT:

You did good.  Both Qman and I have RRA LEGP's and couldn't be happier.  We have fired thousands of rounds of ammo thru them without any problems.  My gun does real well with 62gr FMJSC reloads.  It will eat anything from my reloads to Q3131A, South African, M193.. you name it.  

Also, check our www.cruffler.com in the Firearms Archive section.  They gave a great review of the RRA AR's.

Spambo

Spambo
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, spambo I read that report when I was thinking of the trade, it helped sway me...good review all the way. Ive been tracking down some info on the wylde chamber and from what Ive read its great for commercial and mil-surplus. Im a happy camper now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top