Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2003 4:35:51 AM EDT
Gentlemen I need advice on a potential AR purchase. I have the opportunity to buy a rifle that was built on a Palmetto lower. Is this worth looking into as I don't have a preban AR yet? Should I avoid it like the plague? Are Palmetto lower receivers any good? The gentlemen that is selling the rifle is telling me that the Palmetto receiver is the same as an OLY receiver.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
They are a good forged lower.  I would suggest you pay no more than 1200 since the preban market is very "soft" now.  Many owners are trying to sell them to get back what little money they can.  I can remember the time when a preban bushmaster would fetch upwards of 2000.00  In light of the AWB sunsetting and the possibility of a new law to take it's place, if I were you I would buy.

[marines]

max
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! I think I can get it for a $1000 if someone else doesn't beat me out of it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
All made by Olympic Arms out to solid aluminum billet. Olympic will remanufacture the lower to a forged one with A2 reinforcements for $150.00 plus shipping. I'm contemplatining having mine remanufactured. Curious on how many members have the Palmetto lowers that have not been sent back for remanufacter.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Befroe you have your lower remanufactured give me a chance to buy it or trade for a different lower.

Cruizer
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

.........since the preban market is very "soft" now.  

[marines]

max
View Quote

Correct, the preban market is very soft.  I've had an Olympic (Stop Sign lower), flattop, fluted barrel and Harris bipod sitting unsold at my dealer for about a month and the price is only $1000.

I expect the preban market will get even softer in the spring.

5sub
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top