Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:13:03 AM EDT
I have a Colt Match Target Competition HBAR II. When I bought it, I was trying to choose between a shorter gun and Bushmasters 24" varminter. Can I match a 24" upper (bushy or other) with my Colt lower?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can [:)]

If you have a large pin Colt lower you will have to spend an extra $6.99 and buy a conversion pin to fit a small pin upper: [url=http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/arunfronconp.html]CDNN conversion pin[/url]

[img]http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1757_12058557[/img]

If your Colt is new enough it may already have a standard front pushpin like my M4 carbine does:

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/front_pin.JPG[/img]

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If the forward hole on the lower is 1/4 inch, the changeover is a straight drop on. If the forward hole is 3/8, you'll need a conversion adapter pin to match the upper and lower. The best adapter is from CDNN [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url].

Either way, you're good to go. Just that if you have a largw pin lower, you'll have to spend a few bucks more for the pin[:D]

(Edsited to add) AAAh. CJan beat me to it; with pics yet[:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Holy moly, at first glance, before I realized it was a digital micrometer, I though you had a Digital clock mounted on your rifle!

:-)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holy moly, at first glance, before I realized it was a digital micrometer, I though you had a Digital clock mounted on your rifle!

:-)
View Quote

Ha! [:D]

A couple people have said that. I wonder if there would be a market for a digital round counter for an AR15/M16/M4. You know, like the counters in the movie [i]Aliens[/i].
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If your Colt is new enough it may already have a standard front pushpin like my M4 carbine does:
View Quote

Even some pre-ban Colts have the small pin. I was very happy when I took my lower to a gunshow today and the M4 upper I wanted actually fit.

I don't have a micrometer but what led me initialy to think I had a small pin lower was I put the front pin of the lower through the rear hole of the upper. I figure if it fit then it's small pin. Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Even some pre-ban Colts have the small pin. I was very happy when I took my lower to a gunshow today and the M4 upper I wanted actually fit.

View Quote

Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yes, I believe AK_Mike has a small pin preban Colt as well. My other two Colts are large pin, and I just replaced the screw with a pushpin adapter-it's pretty slick [:)]
View Quote

That screw nonsense makes me crazy.

What's a pushpin adapter?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

That screw nonsense makes me crazy.

What's a pushpin adapter?
View Quote

This [:)]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/pushpin.JPG[/img]

You can buy one [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/oak-01.asp]here[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish.  My 6520 had the large pin so I built a large pin flat top M4gery upper for it and so I also got to use a pushpin (large).  It was a lot to do just because the adaptor pin was annoying.  However, I did luck out in that my FCG pins were standard (small).   I see the small front pivot pin prebans from time to time, but didn't have to money to go for it.  Prices are coming down! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish.  My 6520 had the large pin so I built a large pin flat top M4gery upper for it and so I also got to use a pushpin (large).  It was a lot to do just because the adaptor pin was annoying.  However, I did luck out in that my FCG pins were standard (small).   I see the small front pivot pin prebans from time to time, but didn't have to money to go for it.  Prices are coming down! [:D]
View Quote

Ahh, bummer.

I must have been thinking about the FCG pins, not the pushpin. Your rig a slabside, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Colt is messed up. I also have a 6520 ("AR-15A2 Gov't Carbine" roll mark) small pin. I do love the Prancing Pony. Every M-16 I fired had the prancing pony so there must be something there.

edited to add sn# GC0127XX. If that might help fill any gaps.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I must have been thinking about the FCG pins, not the pushpin. Your rig a slabside, isn't it?
View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15631[/img]

Yup.  Still, there are 6520's that have all small pins and even the fence, but I think most but not all were blue labels.  The all small pins and fence green labels were rare indeed.

Still, I keep it, it has character, and it's a Colt. (#GC0069XX)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top