Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 7:50:24 AM EDT
have discovered a degree in English doesn't mean squat here.  

Bling?
ARFCOMER?
IHBT?

Please enlighten me.  Shields up for the flames...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
have discovered a degree in English doesn't mean squat here.  

Bling?
ARFCOMER?
IHBT?

Please enlighten me.  Shields up for the flames...
View Quote

Yeah, WTF does [i]Bling[/i] means? I might be getting old, but thought I understood the younger generation, but I keep hearing [i] Bling Bling[/i].

I'm pertty sure that ARFCOMER means, AR15 Forum . COMer, right?

Help.

Is there a website to better understand internet lingo?

ls
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think "Bling" means that a weapon has been "Pimped out"..If you know what I mean.  Not sure about IHBT but IBTL means in before the lock. Oh ya IBTL [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=166095[/url]..[:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The original source of the expression "Bling-Bling" comes from pop culture and is making forays into many other usages, like it or not.

The original expression was used to refer to a rapper or pop star's collection of gaudy jewely and precious metals they wore in public, as in "some one stole my Bling-bling". It has since come to mean anything extravagant, gaudy or excessive in terms of accessories for pretty much anything.

It irritates many, but vernacular sometimes has a life of its own, like it or not!

Personally, I  find it amusing when applied to firearms.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
HOw is this an IBTL?? This question has been  asked many times before. I'll try to help:

IBTL - In Before the Lock
ARFCOMER - A person who is a memeber on ARFCOM (AR-15.com)
SHTF - Shit hits the fan
BBT - Back to the Top
I can't think of any more now...someone else can jump in.

What does IIRC mean?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
if I recall correctly
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
TEOTWAWKI= The End Of The World As We Know It.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I always use BTT for back to top.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The original source of the expression "Bling-Bling" comes from pop culture and is making forays into many other usages, like it or not.

The original expression was used to refer to a rapper or pop star's collection of gaudy jewely and precious metals they wore in public, as in "some one stole my Bling-bling". It has since come to mean anything extravagant, gaudy or excessive in terms of accessories for pretty much anything.

It irritates many, but vernacular sometimes has a life of its own, like it or not!

Personally, I  find it amusing when applied to firearms.
View Quote

Man, do I feel old... And I though I was on top of the times. Guess not. Time to watch MTV to get "Hip" again.

"[i]Word[/i]"

ls
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Bling Bling while refering to the jewelery that rappers where wearing also refers to the sound that the big pieces make hitting each other. Kind of like a wind chime.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#10]
this site might help you : http://www.acronymfinder.com
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
this site might help you : [url]http://www.acronymfinder.com[/url]
View Quote

bling bling-unnecessary crap added with the intention of making something/one look cool.
Like Ti bolt carriers, or firing pins.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]
IHBT-I Have Been Trolled
according to acronym finder.
I suspect it could easily be Told as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually, "bling" refers to the chime sound made by an older cash register.  Meaning money has been spent.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The cash register is "ching-ching". _DR got the "bling-bling" right.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Trying to say that a cash register goes 'ching ching' or 'bling bling' is like asking if a dog goes 'bark bark' or 'woof woof'.

When dealing with non-vocalized sounds, it's a matter of INTERPRETATION, and varies according to who's doing the interpretation.

My definition of 'bling' is more in line with the definition you'll find in an online search.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
isnt it cha ching?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys the "bling" in "bling-bling" comes from the light "blinging" off of the "ice" or diamonds in ones jewelry.

And my interpretation of "bling-bling" on an AR was the chrome/nickel/Ti pieces, like those on the Bushy 25th anni. edition.
I'd hardly consider a EO/M2, w/ a rail, and aSF light "bling-bling"
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#18]
TINSTAAFL!  
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/CheapChineseCrap.jpg[/img]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top