Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2003 6:55:47 PM EDT
Pete at Legal Transfers has RRA Complete Lowers for $249 for Standard and $314 for National Match w/ 2 Stage Trigger.  At only $65 difference, money is not an object.  I want my rifle to be durable, but I want it to have the best trigger possible.  Can I have my cake and eat it too.  Which one should I get?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it realy depends on what you want to do with the rifle when your finished building it. If you feel your use of the rifle will benefit from a two-stage trigger, then go with that one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The RRA standard trigger stinks.  I am getting a RRA NM trigger as soon as possible.  I may try to modify the trigger based on the suggestions around this forum, but if you don't mind the $65, I'd highly advise against the standard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The RR two stage is sometimes quite bad and may work as a single stage. If you want a RR two stage, have it tuned.
I had the problem and just had it tuned - I'm a happy camper now, though it is not as good as a true 2 stage Jewell (but is less expensive).
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Tacman,

If you want a two-stage triigger on your AR, I suggest you go with Jewell.  It's an absolutely outstanding two-stage trigger.  I know it's expensive, but it's worth it.

--dulcenota
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If all you are going to do with it is plink and CQB, you might want to save up for a nice single stage trigger.  If you are slow/match shooting, two stage triggers give you a little more control.  The RRA 2 stage is definitely more desireable than any standard trigger, though not the best 2-stage out there, it's a great value for the money.  The amount of people who had problems with them is incredibly small as many, many, many people use the RRA match trigger with no problems.  I have put thousands of rounds through mine, no problems yet.  However, my other 2-stage triggers are KAC, and those are really expensive.  My plinker-for-fun uses a single stage.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
AK_Mike,

You mentioned a nice single stage trigger.  Could you give me an example?  You mean like a trigger job on an existing trigger or an aftermarker drop-in?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tacman,

If you want a two-stage triigger on your AR, I suggest you go with Jewell.  It's an absolutely outstanding two-stage trigger.  I know it's expensive, but it's worth it.

--dulcenota
View Quote

Ditto.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not so well read on single stage triggers, but the Accuracy Speaks trigger is the one I like, but the J-P is mighty fine (and it limits overtravel).  I am sure there are others out there as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
JARD is another single stage trigger you may want to look at.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
 I agree,  Jewell is the way to go, I have three of them and they all keep their adjustment and all adjustments can be made from the top of the receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top