Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2003 4:35:15 PM EDT
Im looking to upgrade my RRA Mid lenth.  I like the ARMS systems.  I have a new ACOG TA11F to put on top of her.  Where is a good place to buy from, quality and price... Also what goodies should i get for the new SIR?

OH   do I have to remove the Delta Ring for this model and also how do you remove it, if needed...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check with Wes and Paul at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an ARMS #58 on my Armalite mid set up with a TA11 with the ARMS 19s.I since sold the #58 and replaced it with the Daniel Defense 9.0 mid system.The problem is the #58 rail is too high for cheek weld with the TA11.( even will the VLTOR A1)
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
wes1 where can i check out the Daniel Defense products.  I havent heard of them before, where did you buy?

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]

[url]www.danieldefense.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll also give the nod for the Daniel Defense 9.0....Got one here sitting on my desk, just waiting to get my barrel back from Kurt's Kustom (he's doing an A2 countour on it) so the barrel and upper can be installed on the upper.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to add, Wes at MSTN is also stocking the Daniel Defense 9.0...and they are about $85 cheaper than the ARMS SIR

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The cheek weld is certainly not too high for the ACOG when on the SIR, and in fact is lower than what the militaty bought them to be in, the carry handle. The ACOG is about a 1/2" lower when on the SIR than if it's in the carry handle.
Since the #58's just came out a short while ago, I can't imagine anyone getting something else so quick for a problem that doesn't realy exist, espec for less than a half inch.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Got this one from Eagle Firearms:[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19736[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19733[/img]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd buy from Wes and Paul at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url], if you buy one day, there's a chance you just mayget it the next. They have alomost everything you could want... in stock, and have about the best service you could possibly ask for. On top of that, no one on the boards knows more about these systems and accessories than they do.

Cheek weld with a SIR and ACOG is not too high. It is higher than normal, but certainly not too high. Others may disagree, and I would not argue with them if they did, but the advantages of the SIR + ACOG system seem to outweigh what little, if any, disadvantage raising your cheek ever so slightly off the stock may cause.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top