Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2003 7:55:09 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with these redots.  They claim to be parallax free.  Any reviews/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#1]
a friend of mine put one on top of his taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger a short time ago.  he really likes it, the deer he shot last week at 40 yards didn't.  i haven't shot it yet , so i can't comment on the parallax.  however most red dot sights don't have any magnification, so that means no parallax error.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What I mean by parallax is some scopes require the red dot to be centered in the recticle.  The aimpoint doesn't... and I was wondering if this one was that way.

Andrew
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never seen any red-dot scope that cared where the dot was in the field of view.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen a few red dots that when you look though the optics if the dot's not centered when you look though it it's gonna shoot off.. I know aimpoint if your not looking stright at the site the POI will still be where the red dot is... make sense?

http://www.aimpoint.com/video/AVI7.avi

look at aimpoints website and watch that video.

Andrew
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
a friend of mine put one on top of his taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger a short time ago.  he really likes it, the deer he shot last week at 40 yards didn't.
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have three Millet redots: one older Japanese made unit and two later Chinese units. All have proven to be parallax free. The Japanese unit is somewhat brighter and has given longer battery life.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the battery life on the newer millet reddots?  I've been heavily debating millet reddot OR Aimpoint CompML2  I know everyone will say aimpoint but  the specs on the millet multidot are the same except the aimpoint has a rubber outer coating and the millet doesn't.

Andrew
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#8]
A red dot optical sight like any other sight have to be sighted in for the Ammo you are using and the range desired.

The MIllETT sight is very nice and cost about a third of what the Aimpoint M-2 will run you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I got about a year out of the first battery in the older Millet. Two of the newer ones lasted a couple of months less. This could be a pretty subjective thing though as I'm red-green colorblind and need maximum brightness for good effect. The Millet is a good optic for the money as is the Redfield ESD which is comparable in price and performance to the Millet. The Aimpoint is worth what it costs. I wish I could afford a few more of them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top