BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/19/2003 4:44:53 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
I found a really quick cure for bling bling fever.  After watching "Black Hawk Down" and "Tears Of The Sun", I got a bad case of the bling bling fever. It started with puting a Aimpoint ML2 on my M4gery, then the co-witness b.u.s., then the forward grip, then the tacticle sling, then a light.  All I needed was the horn off of Pee Wee Hermans bicycle and I would be set.  This past weekend I watched the bank robbery scene from the movie "Heat" again  and like magic, I now think that my plain old CAR-15 with  good old carry handle iron sights is the coolest weapon I have (at least until I see the next big AR movie) you'll be amazed at how much you'll like your plain AR after watching it. Just thought I'd pass that quick cure for the blings on.
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS quick release mounts work wonders for fits of schizophrenia in my experience! :-)
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If they would have been running some M2's, they may have made it off the main roads without the casualties.
Maybe, it's just Hollywood. [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Some prefer the "bling bling" stuff since some of need it to do our jobs. And only the uneducated use the word "bling bling" anyway.[;D]

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The only cure I'm looking for is the one that makes people STOP using that damned phrase "bling bling"!!!!

Anyone who has that phrase as part of his normal vocabulary is my sworn enemy.  Why?  Because it comes from a certain pop subculture (associated with no specific racial identity) that I despise utterly, that's why.  I despise their way of speaking, the way they dress, the things they do to their form of transportation, the crap they listen to that they THINK is music, and so on and so forth for the next half hour or so.

I don't have too many pet peeves.  But that's one  of my important ones.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
CJ buddy, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they would have been running some M2's, they may have made it off the main roads without the casualties.
Maybe, it's just Hollywood. [}:D]
View Quote

No, you are absolutly correct. Did you know that the reason we did not have M2s over there was because Les Aspin, the Secretary of Defense at the time, thought it would look too "aggressive" if we had armor of any kind. Hence the light infantry setup. We had to wait for the Pakistanis to come to our aid, after the worst of it was over. The M2s are exactly what they needed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
DOA and cmjohnson are A-OK in my book.
(So are you AK-Mike!)
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only cure I'm looking for is the one that makes people STOP using that damned phrase "bling bling"!!!!
View Quote

I wouldn't really call a fully "tactical-fagged out" gearqueer [;D] HS/LD AR "bling bling".  To me a "bling bling" AR15 would have a TiN plated bolt & boltcarrier, stainless steel barrel, ColtGuard finish, white leather sling, etc. [@:D]      
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
And only the uneducated use the word "bling bling" anyway
View Quote

well I suppose they put the words in the dictionary so the "educated" folk know what is being said.  Though I disagree with Mr. Johnson's prejudice thinking, our great country grants us the right to feel how ever we want about who ever we want (not specific to race). I'd think most "educated" persons would not think like this, or at least proclaim these feelings in a public forum.  I would like to appologize for adding to the hi-jacking of this thread but I just wanted to add my .05c
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Race is just the easy way to describe what you don't like; but in reality its not racism at all.  The real problem that CMJohnson and others have is not with a "race" or "blacks" its actually the African American Ghetto CULTURE that you don't like.  SO in fact you can hate everthing about their culture without being a racist because you are placing no restrictions on race; at least thats the way I like to describe it.

Case in point rapper M&M, a member of the African American Ghetto CULTURE, I hate him, yet he's white.

Its just a stupid fucked up culture thats all.

I have no problem at all with blacks whom participate in white culture liike tiger woods.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me get this straight MurdochsM4:

[b]It's not ok be racist,

BUT

It's O.K. to hate a culture
[/b]

I'm sorry, but you lost me on the latter...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
If you don't want to hear or see the so called " African American Ghetto CULTURE " simply don't put your self in a situtaion where you need to hear or see it.

If some kid is playing his " African American Ghetto CULTURE " loud turn your bluegrass louder. If you see some kid with his oversized pants and goofy ass hat and shirts don't look at him. Of course if your into guys with big clothes and goofy jewelry go at it.

Why do people bitch about crap they have control over. No one is forcing you to live the lifestyle or even see it.

And don't say its every where because it isn't. It's not all over the radio its not all over the TV its not all over the streets. It's just you notice these people because it abnormal to you so seems to be a greater % of the population trying to be " African American Ghetto CULTURE " then in reality.

I have never heard of grammar either lol, sorry about run offs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have no problem at all with blacks whom participate in white culture liike tiger woods.
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

BUT

[/b]

View Quote

Here, I'll help you out.

A "Culture" comes with a set of ideas, core beliefs, a philosophy.
Those black clad anarchists that trash Starbucks', and show up at WTO meetings, across the globe...
...that's a culture.
Is it okay to hate that?

Race on the other hand, is a nothing more than a set of facial features, and melanin tinting common to a group of people who share a common geographical history.

Hating that is irrational.

But hating a culture is not.
I hate the Culture of the Islamic World.
Not Islam.
Not Muslims.
No.
I hate those who repress creative thought and freedom, and oppress women -as a culture.

A Ghetto Culture that corrupts the English language, celebrates welfare, and encourages the use of the word "yo", as a sentence ending...
...That's a culture worthy of hatred.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Its fucking ridiculous how PC this board is at times.  If a guy wants to hate ghetto culture, what the fuck does it bother you?  For that matter, if a guy doesn't like blacks, does it bother you that much?  Join the Simon Wesenthal center and stamp 'em out, if it pleases you.  Kill the racists.  Its for the children.

Jesus Christ.

[image]http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/icon_evil.gif[/image]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't even go so far as to describe what I'm thinking of as an "African American Ghetto Culture" as it seems to be MOSTLY the province of those who are neither African Americans or ghetto residents.  No, instead, what I hate is these "wiggers", young lower to middle class Caucasian or Asian males who get Daddy to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on making a cheap car look flashy and...well...cheaper than a two dollar crack whore.

Speaking of African American ghetto culture,  I also have to comment on THAT:

What is so wrong with speaking mainstream American english here in America?   How can speaking some stupid sounding, MADE UP dialect POSSIBLY do anyone any good?

Dare I enter the subject...yes, I do.

Many American blacks are giving VERY mixed signals to the rest of us.   On one hand, I see people who would really like to be perfectly integrated into American society, treated as true equals, and be no different from other Americans save for the irrelevant matter of skin color alone.   And yet, I see many of these SAME people willingly participate in this "ghetto culture", speaking in a manner that is so far off the beaten path of American style english that a translator may be needed (Jive mutated to total gibberish..."Yo, dawg, check out dis new gat! It's the shizzle!" (What the fuck...?)[translation: "Hi, Chuck. Take a look at this new Kimber .45 I just bought.  I love it already!"] and as they're speaking this MADE UP dialect, at the same time they're doing all they can to NOT look like, or act like, the very same Americans that they SAY they want to be totally integrated with.   Many go so far as to MAKE UP names for their kids that they THINK sound vaguely like words from African languages, sometimes with disastrous results. (I have heard of people named...and this is truth...Orangello and Lemonjello.)

Yeah, sure, not all African Americans are like that.  But so many ARE like that and we all know it.

Quit sending us mixed signals!  If you want to integrate totally, it means joining American mainstream culture, too!  You can't have your bling-bling lowrider and your baggy prison pants and your heavy gangsta dialect and also expect to get a job as a stock broker!

And yet...once you get past all the trappings of this created subculture, you find that the people who are in it are usually just people, same as you and me...but the culture they live with presents a wall to communication and understanding that few people care to even TRY to penetrate, and I think that's the critical problem with contrasting cultures of all kinds.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
cmjohnson, your argument loses its' validity with your latest post.  You attempt to lump all blacks into a single homogeneous identity.  Blacks are no more a single homogeneous identity than whites are.  Frankly, to use your argument about "wiggers," whites are no more homogeneous culturally than blacks.  We are all individuals.  Your latest argument is only slightly removed from the idea that all blacks have rhythm.

I, too, dislike rap, low slung pants, etc. but it is the individuals choice to participate, not the choice of a race or group as a whole.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#18]
There is a mainstream American cultural identity. There is a lot of individual variation in it, of course, but there are certain characteristics of American culture that are likely to be found no matter where you go in America.  Even the heaviest New York accent is quite intelligible to a backwoods hillbilly from Kentucky, and vice versa.

But this stops being the case when discussing this "ghetto culture".  It's TOO different, to the point where an expert practitioner of "ghetto speak" (or maybe that's "gangsta rap" now) could speak for five minutes and I wouldn't understand one minute's worth out of that five minutes.

This culture is TOO diverse from the "average" American mainstream culture, and it serves as a barrier to all those who are deeply associated with it.  A barrier that many people will not attempt to cross.

That's just a fact.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I was about to waste a lot of time and energy on a long rant, when really all I want to say is this:

You racist pukes make me sick.  Go find a Nazi or KKK board to spread your filthy hate mongering.  Leave this one to AR discussions.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was about to waste a lot of time and energy on a long rant, when really all I want to say is this:

You racist pukes make me sick.  Go find a Nazi or KKK board to spread your filthy hate mongering.  Leave this one to AR discussions.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more...You know what I can't stand? People who hate. PERIOD. This is why 9/11 happend, this is why our boys are dying thousands of miles away from home. Thats why just about every war ever started.
And what pisses me off the most is that these people who do hate, hate without any probable cause! Ah fuck this. I think we owe the author of this thread an apology for hijacking his thread, and:

IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, but I don't see any "racist pukes" here.
You should avoid the attempt to tar with such a broad brush.  If you disagree, fine.  But labelling those with whom you disagree as "racist pukes", as a means to discredit them...

...that's bigotry.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe "pukes" was unnecessary.  But, like Lockedon said, people who hate others for no good reason are the reason that we have so many problems in this world.  And I stand by labeling a number of those involved in this thread racist, because they clearly are.  As if wearing baggy pants, saying "bling bling", and decorating their cars is reason to declare a group of people your "sworn enemy"?  Come on!  They hate these people because they are black, period.  Racism at its best.  Sorry for the thread hijack.

IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I couldn't agree more...You know what I can't stand? People who hate. PERIOD. This is why 9/11 happend, this is why our boys are dying thousands of miles away from home. Thats why just about every war ever started.
And what pisses me off the most is that these people who do hate, hate without any probable cause! Ah fuck this. I think we owe the author of this thread an apology for hijacking his thread, and:

IBTL
View Quote

Sounds to me like you are saying that you HATE the people that HATE.  Thus you hate yourself.  Hmmmmm . . . .  [whacko]

Getto culture needs to be stamped out.  It is a plague on the American people.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe "pukes" was unnecessary.  But, like Lockedon said, people who hate others for no good reason are the reason that we have so many problems in this world.  And I stand by labeling a number of those involved in this thread racist, because they clearly are.  As if wearing baggy pants, saying "bling bling", and decorating their cars is reason to declare a group of people your "sworn enemy"?  Come on!  They hate these people because they are black, period.  Racism at its best.  Sorry for the thread hijack.

IBTL
View Quote

Yo, homes, if you be tawkin like dis n'shit, n' using werdz like bling-bling and shizzle n' shit, n' wearin' yo pants round yo ankles n' shit,

You irritate the piss out of me by your very presence.  You are my enemy.  Culturally, maybe even physically if you decide to start trouble 'cuz I be dissin' you n'shit, yo.' And I will kick your ass if you do.

Any questions?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#25]
i thought this would be very relavent here:

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~eclectic/toys/jive.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

IBTL
View Quote

Sounds to me like you are saying that you HATE the people that HATE.  Thus you hate yourself.  Hmmmmm . . . .  [whacko]

JEWISH culture needs to be stamped out.  It is a plague on the GERMAN people.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#27]
bling-bling
I like the phrase bling bling.
oh yeah, the movie Heat is off the hook!
Those criminals were so cool in it. The only thing that would have made Heat better would be the frequent use of ebonics.

jk
Heat is off the hook though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

BUT

[/b]

View Quote

WERD![BD]

I'm sorry, but I guess some of you have a different definition of racism than I do.  I believe that racism is hating those that are different, whether that be ethnically, culturally, or otherwise.  Our basic rights and freedoms as Americans allow us to act/dress/speak/worship any way that we so choose, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

I think some of you have issues.[:(]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

[/b]

View Quote

WERD![BD]

I'm sorry, but I guess some of you have a different definition of racism than I do.  I believe that racism is hating those that are different, whether that be ethnically, culturally, or otherwise.  Our basic rights and freedoms as Americans allow us to act/dress/speak/worship any way that we so choose, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

View Quote

Yep. Whatever.  You do have a right to dress like Beetlejuice, walk like you have crabs, and listen to unga-bunga music.  

And I have the right not to like it.  These are just a few of the 'rights' we enjoy as Americans.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

IBTL
View Quote

[b]WAY WRONG.[/b]

The people who do this around my town are almost exclusively WHITE.   And I dislike them not for what they are, but how they act and what they do.

It's not a racist issue for me, it's a CULTURAL issue.  

If you don't believe me or can't understand the difference between racial and cultural, that's NOT MY PROBLEM.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

[/b]

View Quote

WERD![BD]

View Quote

[b]Well said![/b]

Diversity is what made this country great. Some people seem to have trouble understanding this.
If you desire to live in a white homogeneous society, move to canada! [;)]

E Pluribus Unum
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#32]
What does IBTL translate to?

Shabo
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#33]
in befo' da mufuckn lock
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

No.
"Racism" is not a fluid concept, it is quite clear and simple.  YOUR definition of "racism" is incorrect.  

[b]Racism:
1) the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
2) discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race [/b]

Racism is about race.  Period.
To hate or be opposed to "People who are different, whether that be ethnically, culturally, or otherwise..." is not racism.
It's predjudice or bias.
Not racism

Diversity is what made this country great. Some people seem to have trouble understanding this.
View Quote

Diversity is not what made this country great.
If you believe this, then you don't really know why this country is great.

This country is great, regardless of the fact that we are diverse.  THAT is why we are a great country.
Diversity in and of itself is not a virtue.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Case in point rapper M&M, a member of the African American Ghetto CULTURE, I hate him, yet he's white.
View Quote

M&M's, melt in your mouth and not in your hands, but I do hear they are coming out with their first rap album "Oh Henry, Snickers my KitKat"

Eminem, (Marshall Mathers) is a white rapper.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
So, back to the original post about Heat.

What gun was Al Pacino using?

[beathorse]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought this was AR15.com.  A place to talk about all things AR

Sorry I will try back later.

Peace out!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#38]
IBTL
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/BlingBlingBlingBLAM.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#39]
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Technically we are all the same race so the term racism is not a scientifically valid point in the first place.

Hating an inferior culture is not a bad thing.  I hate cultures such as the african american ghetto culture because they "regress" instead of "progress", most intelligent people would not support a culture that takes the current progress of European cultures and throws it out the window.

So if I hate a culture whom regresses then this is what I hate. Whatever the ethnic makeup of its participants are.

European, Asian and Arab culture are far superior to African culture in the way of scientific progress, this is fact.  Sorry
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you desire to live in a white homogeneous society, move to canada! [;)]
View Quote

Haven't spent much time up north have you...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Hating an inferior culture is not a bad thing.  I hate cultures such as the african american ghetto culture because they "regress" instead of "progress", most intelligent people would not support a culture that takes the current progress of European cultures and throws it out the window.

So if I hate a culture whom regresses then this is what I hate. Whatever the ethnic makeup of its participants are.

European, Asian and Arab culture are far superior to African culture in the way of scientific progress, this is fact.  Sorry
View Quote

So traditional values are out the windows?  What you are saying that tradition in itself stimeys the progress of culture?

At least drive by shooting are up to date.  Haven't heard of any drive by spearing lately.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey guys,
I sure did'nt mean to start any heated thread. I just wanted to say how cool the weapons were in a movie, thats all.
TimP, your post made me laugh out loud.
For what it's worth, I've never heard the phrase bling bling until I started reading the AR-15 board. I'm sure glad that I did'nt watch Jeramiah Johnson or we would be talking about those pesky indians and their evil firewater.
The post was meant for those guys like myself, who want all the cool (AR upgrades) but can't afford them, thats all.
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#44]
What?

IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I have not read this entire thread, but did see it generated some heated discussions, so here goes:
Base-rigger, I owe you an apology. My post wasn't meant to be aimed at you specifically, but more to the fact that I hear enough Ebonics as it is here in the South, and just had enough. Ok, Im done.
BTW, I am in the same boat you are in regards to wanting all the cool toys but being on a tight budget.
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Could this thread BE any more off-topic?

I think not.

IBTL...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep I got to IBTL too!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Al Pacino was using an FN FNC as a prop.

[url]http://world.guns.ru/assault/as24-e.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Where are the moderators?  This is anarchy!  This madness must be stopped!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#50]

So, did Pacino have any bling-bling on his FN or was it plain jane?  

What?  Did I say something??

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I have seen the movie several times and I'm always wowed.

And, if you can't perform with a stripped plain rifle with iron sights, "buying up" won't make you a better shooter, just a poorer one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top