Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2003 3:34:20 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting one of these for my 16" carbine.  Does any one have any experience with them?  Mainly what I would like to know is how effective they are and about how much louder they will make the rifle seem.

Thanks as always for the info.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was thinking about getting one of these for my 16" carbine.  Does any one have any experience with them?  Mainly what I would like to know is how effective they are and about how much louder they will make the rifle seem.

Thanks as always for the info.
View Quote
Many people on these boards have used Kurt's excellent brakes.  They are not as effective as an AK brake or some of the other designs but they do make a difference but there's not nearly as much noise and blast directed to the sides or to the rear so the noise isn't really worse than a bare muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should ask. I just picked mine up from Kurt last week. Took the ride out to Bushnell, toured the facility, the whole 9 yards. Kurt was a pleasure to meet and deal with.

End of the week I got out to the range to zero my new AR with the A2 Tak brake.

Accuracy seemed unaffected. I have a TA31 on the gun and my best group was 7/8 inch.

I didn't think the gun was that loud. Guy next to me was shooting a 7mm, bare muzzle and it was loud.

I didn't see any muzzle flash but the range officer behind me commented on it.

There was about no muzzle flip. A little recoil as I had a collapsable stock on it. I since switched back to an A2 and I will try it out again soon.

All in all, not much downside and the muzzle flip was reduced somewhat. Also, the gun just looks better with the brake on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my BM 20"A2. Almost zero muzzle flip. Less flash, and best of all damn near dead ringer for an A2 FH!! It is a bit louder than a bare bbl. (I cant tell but I shot with my dad at the indoor range last week and he noticed a difference). Absolutely worth the 100 bux.. I was going to go with his FFH but.. I figured for the $ I might as well get something functional..... John
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot for the info.  If I decide to go with a brake it'll probably be this one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody got a PIC of this thing?

TR
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?b=2&f=44&id=141[/url]

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Get one. You wont regret it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
DarkStar...thanks for the link.

KKF all solid with heavy flute?

TR
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Shipping my upper out on Friday... Soon to have a TAC2 brake and government profil barrel.... cant wait!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Itll take up to six weeks.. Trust me.. Worth the wait... John
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased my Tac brake from KKF then sent it to ADCO to have it installed. Turn around time for both was less tha two weeks. I bought it for cosmetic reasons but am impressed w/ the way it works. -Justin

Ps let me know if you need pics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top